Cover versions of The Juliet Letters

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Re: Cover versions of The Juliet Letters

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

On the Brodsky Quartet FB page, they wrote:

"Paul and Jacky have been very busy over the last 2 years secretly working on something very exciting… Juliet is 30. And she finally gets the score and parts she so richly deserves!!

Elvis Costello was inspired to create a song sequence for String Quartet and Voice after discovering that a Veronese academic had been replying to letters addressed to 'Juliet Capulet'. The delicate and personal nature of the correspondence inspired a wonderful and poignant set of songs, written, arranged and originally performed by Elvis Costello and the Brodsky Quartet.

Released in 1993, the album was met with critical acclaim for its creative mix of rock and classical style influences and intelligent sense of melody. Hal Leonard is proud to publish this 30th Anniversary Edition of the work, edited by Brodsky Quartet members Jacqueline Thomas and Paul Cassidy."

The Juliet Letters 30th Anniversary Edition
The Juliet Letters 30th Anniversary Edition
TJL Jacqueline and Paul.jpg (38.05 KiB) Viewed 20117 times
Jacqueline Thomas and Paul Cassidy with copies of the 30th Anniversary Edition of The Juliet Letters.

MOOT
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

Can't believe it's been 30 years. Tempus fugit and all that.
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.elviscostello.com/uncategor ... t-letters/

Exclusively published by Hal Leonard: 30th Anniversary Edition of The Juliet Letters

Hal Leonard is proud to publish Elvis Costello and Brodsky Quartet’s 30th Anniversary Edition of The Juliet Letters, edited by quartet members Jacqueline Thomas and Paul Cassidy. This song sequence for String Quartet and Voice was released in 1993 and was met with critical acclaim for its creative mix of rock and classical style influences and intelligent sense of melody.

The Juliet Letters score and set of parts are now available for purchase in your local music store and online at @Musicroomuk:

Purchase Score: https://www.musicroom.com/elvis-costell ... %2bletters

Purchase Set of Parts: https://www.musicroom.com/elvis-costell ... %2bletters
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.comune.rovereto.tn.it/event ... ent/142287

The Juliet Letters di Elvis Costello - Preludio di Stagione 2023

Aggiungi al tuo calendario
Preludio di Stagione 2023 - Una serie di concerti e incontri per scoprire (e cominciare a gustare già da ora) la splendida musica che ci accompagnerà nei prossimi mesi.
The Juliet Letters di Elvis Costello

Blagoj Nacoski tenore

quartettOCMantova
Luca Braga e Pierantonio Cazzulani violini
Klaus Manfrini viola
Paolo Perucchetti violoncello

C’era una volta un professore a Verona che rispondeva alle lettere indirizzate a Giulietta…
Beh, se questo suona come l’inizio di una storia incredibile, sappiate che in realtà lo è.
Un grande lavoro di Elvis Costello e del Quartetto Brodsky, presentato in una produzione dell’Associazione Filarmonica di Rovereto con la voce di Blagoj Nacoski e lo straordinario quartettOCMantova, nella splendida cornice del Mart di Rovereto.

Lo spettacolo è inserito nella rassegna “Preludio di Stagione 2023”.

Biglietti € 4 - Posti disponibili: 70

La prenotazione è fortemente consigliata:
biglietteria@filarmonicarovereto.it
cell. +39 379.2823609 (lun-ven 16-19; sab 10-13; nei giorni di concerto 10-13 e 15-inizio concerto)

in collaborazione con Mart

Informazioni / biglietti:
http://www.filarmonicarovereto.it/
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.reservix.de/tickets-holzhau ... 3/e2132463

Holzhausenkonzerte – Streichquartett in Residence (Konzert 2) - Konzert mit dem Malion Quartett und Karsten Schmidt-Hern „Juliet

Mittwoch 15.11.2023 um 19:30 Uhr

Programm:

Alberto Ginastera (1916-1983)
Streichquartett Nr. 1 op. 20

Elvis Costello (* 1954)
The Juliet Letters for string quartet and voice

Malion Quartett
Alex Jussow, Violine
Miki Nagahara, Violine
Lilya Tymchyshyn, Viola
Bettina Kessler, Violoncello

Karsten Schmidt-Hern , Tenor
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

The Juliet Letters is usually performed by a string quartet and vocalist, but on occasion a larger orchestra is involved. Back on 13 November 2023, The Monterey Peninsula College String Ensemble featuring Laura Anderson Schwinge (soprano) performed Selections from "The Juliet Letters" - 11 songs in all. The venue was the First Presbyterian Church of Monterey, California. TIckets were a snip at $10. The concert website noted that: " This work is a unique and beautiful blend of classical and pop styles with great, entertaining lyrics."

You can watch some of the concert here, and maybe judge whether the fuller orchestra adds to or detracts from the piece:

MOOT
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »