Elvis & Steve Nieve GRAMERCY NYC February 20, 2023

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis & Steve Nieve GRAMERCY NYC February 20, 2023

Post by bronxapostle »

JerseyPride78 wrote:Charlie Sexton was also in the house but did not perform.
Maybe Wednesday!
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

We're not worthy! This stand has been a true fans' wet dream. Every night is unique and its own precious pearl. This night would've been in my top 2 or 3 picks so far though. But I don't know, they're all so good. Damn. Fallen. Rocking Horse. Trick Out the Truth. My Thief! The Poisoned Rose. The Last Confession. Shipbuilding with trumpet??
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Arnie wrote:We're not worthy! This stand has been a true fans' wet dream. Every night is unique and its own precious pearl. This night would've been in my top 2 or 3 picks so far though. But I don't know, they're all so good. Damn. Fallen. Rocking Horse. Trick Out the Truth. My Thief! The Poisoned Rose. The Last Confession. Shipbuilding with trumpet??
Trick Out, Rose and Part of Him....among many others played tonight were GEMS!!!
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

Particularly pleased to see All the Rage, one of my favorites, for the very first time. And they played it great.

Also pleased to hear Fallen. So many others, too. The whole thing has been unreal.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

You Can Have Her / My Thief:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZIIsH4uMsw
popguynyc

Post by popguynyc »

Rocking Horse Road 2.20.23

https://youtu.be/4UKrqiv3vpY
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/elvis-cos ... s-setlist/

Elvis Costello brought out all The Imposters for Night 9 of NYC residency

While Elvis Costello's "100 Songs and More" residency at NYC's Gramercy Theater was announced as having no repeats across the 10 nights' setlists, he told the crowd on Monday (the penultimate show) that, actually, there would be a few songs that had been played earlier in the run. But they hadn't been played quite like this before at the venue.

In addition to Imposters/Attractions keyboardist Steve Nieve, who has joined Elvis for the back half of the Gramercy residency, he brought out the rest of The Imposters -- drummer Pete Thomas (who was also in The Attractions), and bassist Davey Faragher -- for the second half of the night. Those were not the only special guests either. During the encore, they were also joined by horn players Michael Leonhart, Donny McCaslin, and Stuart Bogie, and vocalist La Marisoul.

When this run was announced, they also announced 10 songs that would be played at each night, but the rulebook was clearly thrown out -- along with "Deep Dark Truthful Mirror" and "Couldn't Call It Unexpected #4" from the announced setlist -- and their set included previously played numbers "Shipbuilding" and "A Face in the Crowd" (from Elvis' in-progress stage musical adaptation of the film of the same name), along with "All This Useless Beauty," "Hey Clockface," "All the Rage," "Monkey to the Man," his cover of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood," and more.

There was also a tribute to Burt Bacharach with three songs from the just-released The Songs of Bacharach & Costello box set, and the night ended the same as the previous eight shows with "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding." Check out the Night 9 setlist, photos of the show by Edwina Hay and a few fan-shot videos, below.

Elvis and Steve -- and maybe the rest of The Imposters again -- will wrap up the "100 Songs and More" residency on Wednesday (2/22), and then he'll take The Imposters on the road for a short East Coast tour and in May is hosting a destination concert vacation in Iceland.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
JerseyPride78

Post by JerseyPride78 »

Absolutely loved this show, which had so many highlights. I would love for EC to do full-album shows as his next conceit. Last night made me realize how much I'd love to see Delivery Many performed in full.