Pat Robertson, King of the Morons

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I just read that and wondered if I should post it on here. He just can't help himself, can he?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

He's a self-important tool.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Well, like Pat say's, you just can't go around poking god in the eye -

he failed to mention that you also don't:

tug on Superman's cape

spit into the wind

pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger

and you don't mess around with Jim
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

BWAP for president.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

To steal Moz's words about Margaret Thatcher, "When will you die?"
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

mood swung wrote:BWAP for president.
BWAP - have you ever inhaled cannabis?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bobster

Post by bobster »

Hmm. You know, it occurs to me that, as far back as I can think, Berkeley, CA, Cambridge, MA, Austin, TX and Santa Monica/Venice, CA haven't suffered any major natural disasters. So, maybe God actually blesses towns controlled by pagans, lesbians, the ACLU and the People for the American Way. Just a thought.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

While we're on the subject of morons:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10004302/
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Of course, all of this is a mere distraction against the real outrage that Mr. O'Reilly is fighting...

The war against...Christmas!

(Apparently, every time a "Happy Holidays" sign is posted, a new Satanic minion gets his pitchfork.)
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

You just can't stop him - you can only hope to contain him -

he's at it again -

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060105/ap_ ... MlJVRPUCUl
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

Why a Creator of the whole Universe would be so concerned about some petty squabble over a piece of dirt is beyond me.
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

I bet God doesn't care as much as all of these people think. They may be in for quite a surprise. :twisted:
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

So....when Golda Meir died, who actually added to the land, that was the wrath of....Khan?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Wrath of Chaka Khan maybe....
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Chaka Khan Chaka Khan I wanna love you Chaka Khan
Chaka Khan Chaka Khan that's all I want to do...
--William Shakespeare
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/israel

Does anybody else see Sharon going all Kill Bill on Pat?
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Gee whiz, I hope so.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Here we go again:

Preacher: God told him about storms, tsunami
Robertson says warning was for this year; tsunami might hit Northwest

The Associated Press
Updated: 11:30 a.m. ET May 18, 2006

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - In another in a series of notable pronouncements, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson says God told him storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

Robertson has made the predictions at least four times in the past two weeks on his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network, which he founded.

Robertson said the revelations about this year's weather came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8. On Wednesday, he added, "There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest."

Robertson has come under intense criticism in recent months for suggesting that American agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© 2006 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12851397/
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms"
...but my hearing isn't what it used to be; he might've just said there's gonna be a good sale next week down at the Food Lion.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Guess what everybody? He's at it again:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/robert ... index.html

Pat Robertson: God told me of 'mass killing' in 2007
POSTED: 9:51 p.m. EST, January 2, 2007

VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia (AP) -- Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would cause a "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network.

"The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him about the impending tragedy during a recent prayer retreat.

God also said, he claims, that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election.

Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

In 2005, Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He said Social Security reform proposals would be approved and Bush would nominate conservative judges to federal courts.

Lawmakers confirmed Bush's 2005 nominations of John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. But the president's Social Security initiative was stalled.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006.

Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Maybe we'll get lucky and the event will take place at Christian Broadcasting Network headquarters!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
migdd

Post by migdd »

CLOVER, SC - God spoke to migdd today. He told migdd that morons and poor ignorant folk will continue to listen to Pat in 2007 as if he were more than the hair-tonic-selling-jack-legged-pseudopreaching-scalawaging carpetbagger that he really is.

God also told migdd that he will send Pat to Hell on the day he dies and that Satan will bend him buck-naked over a chair and. . .(graphic details deleted).