Elvis on BBC Radio 4, Loose Ends, October 31, 2020

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis on BBC Radio 4, Loose Ends, October 31, 2020

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis is one of the guests joining Clive Anderson and Emma Freud on BBC Radio 4's "Loose Ends" on Saturday October 31, 2020 at 18:15 GMT. Other guests include Sir Cliff Richard.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000p0gl

Older forum members will recall that Clive Anderson used to host a BBC Chat show called " All Talk.. with Clive Anderson" and that the theme tune was Elvis' "Let Them All Talk" . Emma Freud is the partner of Richard Curtis, writer of ''Notting Hill''. Emma also edited the script for the film.

What is the betting someone will mention "She" during the course of Elvis's interview?

MOOT
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis on BBC Radio 4, Loose Ends, October 31, 2020

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Or that Elvis will sing it...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The interview with Elvis starts at 31:30.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

Hmm. It's OK. It's less than ten minutes. I like Clive Anderson as a rule, but here he sounds like he's glancing at the clock and cutting off Elvis' answers. Pressure of time, I guess. It's also clear he hasn't listened to an Elvis record in many years, so he falls back on stuff like 'you were an angry young punk when you started out - do you think you've changed much?'

So if, for whatever reason, you can't access this UK R4 interview, don't worry. You're not missing any major new insights or questions you haven't heard Elvis being asked hundreds of times before. It ends up with a bit of banter about Elvis being present in the studio when the notorious Anderson/Bee Gees things kicked off, and that's quite amusing. But actually, just a very brief and perfunctory chat to plug Hey Clockface.