Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set - reduced to $11.99

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Re: LOOK NOW on 8 7" 45's box set ' will not be available on the release date of March 1st, 2019'

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Re: LOOK NOW on 8 7" 45's box set ' will not be available on the release date of March 1st, 2019'

Post by sweetest punch »

https://nl-nl.facebook.com/ElvisCostello/

"YOU GET THE PICTURE?"
"ACCEPT NO DEFACED PRODUCTS OR CUT-OUTS FROM THE AMAZON OF YOUR CHOICE"
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif »

sweetest punch wrote:https://nl-nl.facebook.com/ElvisCostello/

"YOU GET THE PICTURE?"
"ACCEPT NO DEFACED PRODUCTS OR CUT-OUTS FROM THE AMAZON OF YOUR CHOICE"
So he's blaming Amazon for this. I'm appalled by his reaction - even though it's a typical Elvis one :D
millaa

Post by millaa »

I don't see this as blaming Amazon. I assume the product was recalled once the error had been spotted, but Amazon had sent some out in the meantime.
jardine

Post by jardine »

What i hope is that this is a list of a new set of songs:

Unique Analogue
Shuffle Function
Another Tale at the Flip of the Wrist
Drop the Needle
Scratch the Surface
Secure Plastic
Memory Storage
Maximum: 720
Revolutions Per Minute
Answers for the Ears
Questions for the Eyes
Pictures of Loveliness
Sixteen Big Ones.
Last edited by jardine on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
verbal gymnastics

:lol:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I guess the artwork will split people's opinions.
I'm not a lover of Elvis' Eamonn Singer art.
verbal gymnastics wrote:
https://twitter.com/ElvisCostello/statu ... 5473289226
:lol: Sorry Elvis!
Does anyone now seriously doubt that EC reads these posts?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://looknow.elviscostello.com/produc ... 1000-units

'We sincerely apologize to all of Elvis Costello’s fans but due to manufacturing delays Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set will now be out MAY 8, 2019, instead of March 1.'
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set will now be out MAY 8, 2019

Post by johnfoyle »

A fan in Canada has received a set -

millaa

Re: Elvis Costello & The Imposters 7” Look Now vinyl box set will now be out MAY 8, 2019

Post by millaa »

And the bonus 7" tracks are? :)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

millaa wrote:And the bonus 7" tracks are? :)
I could be wrong....i think they come out later on??? I don't remember WHERE i read THAT. AM I RIGHT?
jardine

Post by jardine »

but now the whole thing is 'later on'...???
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

There is a Standard Box Set and a Deluxe Box Set (with four new songs) only available through the official website:
http://looknow.elviscostello.com/
http://looknow.elviscostello.com/produc ... 1000-units

BUNDLE INCLUDES:
- Ten 7” (twenty tracks), tri-color, deluxe numbered edition vinyl box set - EXCLUSIVE to elviscostello.com
- Numbered box (1000 units manufactured at Third Man Pressing in Detroit) houses TEN 7” vinyl.
- All 16 tracks from the Look Now double LP (on eight 7” records)
- FOUR new tracks (on TWO additional 7” records). The four new songs - on two 7” records - will be mailed separately, in late May.
- Tri-color vinyl edition: each 7” is opaque red, opaque violet, and opaque yellow
- Four postcards and a 16-page booklet of lyrics and artwork
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
millaa

Post by millaa »

Well, hopefully they start to be sent out next week to find out. I'll be p*ssed if it's the Purse EP.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

millaa wrote:Well, hopefully they start to be sent out next week to find out. I'll be p*ssed if it's the Purse EP.
I'll be surprised if it isn't unfortunately.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
millaa

Post by millaa »

Fishfinger king wrote:
millaa wrote:Well, hopefully they start to be sent out next week to find out. I'll be p*ssed if it's the Purse EP.
I'll be surprised if it isn't unfortunately.
Well, that doesn't make the track exclusive to this set, or the RSD 12" tracks exclusive to that.

I'm hoping this is the other 'Purse' release mentioned on the back of the Purse 12".
IbMePdErRoIoAmL

Post by IbMePdErRoIoAmL »

Has anyone received the deluxe edition yet? I contacted Second Avenue (the distribution partner for website sales) & all they would tell me was that the label was preparing the sets for shipment. My order status still reads "pre-order payment received" just as it has since January. I understand that pressing errors necessitated the release be pushed back, and I wasn't too happy that I had to learn that here rather than receiving a notification from those who already had taken payment. Now the set has "been out" for several days & I'm basically being told, "it'll get there when it gets there." They accepted payment over 3 months ago! Sorry for the rant but I'm starting to get a little pissed.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

You should be pissed. Most companies when pre-ordering merch, will NOT take your monies until the item SHIPS!! Keep haranguing them....LET THEM KNOW OF YOUR DISPLEASURE.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

This whole 7 inch box set has been one massive f**kup. I wish I hadn't ordered it.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Yes.... these things are better off left until AFTER release date for acquisition.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

FAVEHOUR wrote:< ...I wish I hadn't ordered it.
Same here.
Moderate buyer's remorse.

I don't even have a turntable... :lol:
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

Are we not all collector scum in this forum?
cwr

Post by cwr »

The delay sucks, but if this has 4 new songs and looks nice, it'll be fun and worth the wait.
verbal gymnastics

fred darden wrote:Are we not all collector scum in this forum?
If we have “collector” and “scum” set out in a Venn diagram I wouldn’t be in the middle...

... although this could be up for debate!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

cwr wrote:The delay sucks, but if this has 4 new songs and looks nice, it'll be fun and worth the wait.
do we have a poll option here? i never see it much, if at all. if someone easily knows how to, please CREATE A SIMPLE POLL:

NEW NEVER HEARD or PREVIOUSLY ISSUED ELSEWHERE?

i think the sad results of the poll will bring us to our unwanted answer.