Farewell for now Spectacular Spinning Songbook

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Farewell for now Spectacular Spinning Songbook

Post by sweetest punch »

The Japanese concerts seem to be the last concerts (for now) of the Spectacular Spinning Songbook tours: http://www.elviscostello.com/yellow-pre ... ngbook/559
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Re: Farewell for now Spectacular Spinning Songbook

Post by bronxapostle »

though titled CLEARLY as such "So, Farewell For Now Spectacular Spinning Songbook" i see it nowhere amongst the text. i assumed these words had fallen from HIS mouth. oh well, whatever it might be, i surely enjoyed the five shows i saw with the wheel in 2011, nearly twenty five years from my first go-round (haha) in 1986, but look forward to the band just hitting the stage and plowing through whatever pops into HIS mind to play on any given night. if indeed "farewell" for now, i surely would welcome it again down the road apiece.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It's farewell for now and hello again in another 25 years. And you know we'll be there!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

NOT a 25 year hiatus THIS time. i'll sign up for us all being there in TEN however VG! :wink: :wink:
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

God no......not twenty five years. That would be one 'geriatric' tour. 85 and still footing the boards. No thank you. :wink:
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif »

I'm glad. there must be better ways of being Elvis Costello than an ironic vaudeville show joke that had its punchline 2 decades ago. And that wasn't ironic anymore ...
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Will we soon see the return of the stuffed heart - the 7 and a half deadly sins? If I remember correctly, pomegranate was one of them. It will be 25 years old in 2014...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?