Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Re: EC/Imposters play Glastonbury, June 29, 2013

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pqgb ... s/coverage

How to watch and listen
Get closer to Glastonbury on Radio, TV, Red Button and Online

Radio

This year sees more coverage of Glastonbury on BBC Radio than ever before.

Nick Grimshaw kicks off on Radio 1 from 13.00 on Friday, with Huw Stephens taking over lunchtimes on Saturday and Sunday.

Zane Lowe and B Traits host Friday night with a special Extended Essential mix live from Shangri-La, featuring Rudimental and a very special guest.

On Saturday night from 23:00, Radio 1 and 1Xtra are live from the Gully with electric sets from David Rodigan, Robbo Ranx, Seani B and DJ Target. 1Xtra finish the Glastonbury experience with Target on Sunday afternoon.

Radio 2 starts on Friday with The Chris Evans Breakfast Show live from Pilton for the very first time. Jo Whiley and Dermot O' Leary are on every afternoon, with Dermot introducing Saturday and Sunday's headliners on the Pyramid Stage.

6 Music will offer an alternative view to the mainstream Glastonbury and will be mainly based at the Park Stage. Lauren Laverne takes the helm every morning, with Steve Lamacq and Stuart Maconie presenting Friday's headliner as well as the most exciting acts from across the festival each evening.

Radio 4 also gets in on the action on Saturday with Today in the morning and a special recording of Infinite Monkey Cage from the Circus Fields in the afternoon.

Television

BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three and BBC Four all take their own unique view of the Glastonbury experience.

BBC One will be live with The One Show on Friday night plus a Glastonbury edtion of Songs of Praise on Sunday.

Lauren Laverne, Mark Radcliffe and Jo Whiley are on BBC Two from 22:00 on Friday, 16:00 on Saturday and 17:00 on Sunday, bringing the very best performances direct to you.

BBC Three sees Greg James, Gemma Cairney and Jen Long give their highlights from the Pilton party. Starting on Friday from 1900 with highlights from Jake Bugg, Solange Knowles and Rita Ora, BBC Three returns at the same time on Saturday with sets from Two Door Cinema Club, Bastille and Other Stage headliners Chase & Status. Ending the festival from 20:00 on Sunday are Vampire Weekend, Jessie Ware and more spectacular headline sets from The xx & Phoenix

BBC Four brings a new angle to the event through archive, documentaries and exclusive performances from Seasick Steve, Public Enemy and Bobby Womack.

Red Button

Watch Red Button for performances from the Pyramid, Other, John Peel, West Holts and Park Stages across the weekend.

On air Friday and Saturday from 2100-0200, Red Button returns on Sunday from 1630, with three channels on Sky, Virgin and Freesat and two channels on Freeview.

Our biggest online offer ever, you'll be able to watch over 120 performances right here on bbc.co.uk/Glastonbury.

We'll be live streaming six stages - Pyramid, Other, John Peel, West Holts, Park and BBC Introducing - plus an additional roaming camera following BBC Radio DJs throughout the site on Friday. You can watch these streams live on PC, mobile, tablet and connected TV.

This website will be the place to catch up on performances before anyone else, plus see spectacular photo galleries and interviews from across the site. Extended highlights from the main stages will be available on BBC iPlayer and you can keep up to date whilst on the go with the BBC iPlayer Radio app – if you haven’t already, download it here for iOS and here for Android.

And if that's not enough, the BBC’s Connected Red Button service available on Virgin Media’s TiVo service will bring you all the live streams and on-demand video seamlessly on TV.

Get ready for an unmissable weekend of music from the world’s greatest festival.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

verbal gymnastics wrote:You can record the red button shows. I know because I tested it last night!
Brilliant ! Thanks VG !
Also thanks to UB and sp for the info.
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

verbal gymnastics wrote:You can record the red button shows. I know because I tested it last night!
Just one question VG............Are you on Sky or Virgin coz according to the website you get more options on the red button if you're on Virgin, and I wondered if it might also affect the recording possibility seeing as I'm on Sky ? :?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Anyone watching the live stream?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I am.

Setlist so far:

01. I Hope You're Happy Now
02. Heart Of The City
03. I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down
04. Radio, Radio
05. Everyday I Write The Book
06. Watching The Detectives
07. Bedlam

Pete's wearing a t-shirt from The Baked Potato, a venue in L.A. where he plays with Jackshit.
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

Live stream on computer is great !.....................makes up for the fact that I can't get it on the red button on TV..........it's only showing bl***y tennis ! ! ! :evil:
krm

Post by krm »

sweetest punch wrote:Anyone watching the live stream?
yes!! :D
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

krm wrote:
sweetest punch wrote:Anyone watching the live stream?
yes!! :D
Live stream is not available in Belgium. :(
And No Coffee Table

sweetest punch wrote:Live stream is not available in Belgium. :(
Does this work? http://proxy.eb7as.net/go.php?u=http%3A ... r#p01b85r5
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
sweetest punch wrote:Live stream is not available in Belgium. :(
Does this work? http://proxy.eb7as.net/go.php?u=http%3A ... r#p01b85r5
Thanks for your effort, but can't get it to work.
And No Coffee Table

01. I Hope You're Happy Now
02. Heart Of The City
03. I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down
04. Radio, Radio
05. Everyday I Write The Book
06. Watching The Detectives
07. Bedlam
08. Shipbuilding - without guitar
09. Oliver's Army
10. Good Year For The Roses
11. Jimmie Standing In The Rain - including Brother, Can You Spare A Dime?
12. Tramp The Dirt Down
13. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea - including band introductions
14. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
15. Less Than Zero
16. Pump It Up
17. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding? / Out Of Time
johnanderson

Post by johnanderson »

I think that is fair to say that they nailed it :D
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Goon Squad wrote:
Just one question VG............Are you on Sky or Virgin coz according to the website you get more options on the red button if you're on Virgin, and I wondered if it might also affect the recording possibility seeing as I'm on Sky ? :?
I'm on Virgin.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i didn't get to see it, must have been great! they KNOW how to slay a crowd in the "opening" slot.and them banging out the STONES OUT OF TIME after PLU is reminiscent of the way they slammed through SUBSTITUTE before THE WHO appearance back in February. 8) 8)
John

Post by John »

Has anyone made a good recording of this? Can't believe I missed it. I think the whole set was streamed live by the BBC.

What was the reaction like to Tramp The Dirt Down? There are already a few headlines across the net referring to Elvis singing this one.
Azmuda

Post by Azmuda »

Last edited by Azmuda on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

I didn't get to record it because it wasn't on my red button ( :evil: Sky ! !) but watched it online and it was superb !
I think it was the perfect choice of songs for the occasion with loads of hits, along with interesting songs like "Jimmy...".
I thought he got a really good response from the crowd , especially considering they mostly weren't "his" fans, and also because after all he really isn't a stadium type performer.He is obviously much more of an intimate gig artist ( back to the old "pub rock" days) but considering all that he seemed to enjoy the experience and thrive on it. It was also good to see a couple of gals in the crowd with the Revolver Tour/Spinning Songbook T-shirts on.............so there were some of "us" there after all!
All in all a brilliant set ! Is it too soon to say he stole the show ? Probably performance of the weekend !
I know I'm bias, but it'll be interesting to see what the "experts" say about it in subsequent interviews, along with his take on it.
If I was Simon Cowell I would say...... I didn't like it.............................I absolutely loved it ! ! ! 8) :lol:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06 ... 22632.html

Elvis Costello Sings Margaret Thatcher Death Song At Glastonbury 2013

A protest song written in celebration of the death of Baroness Thatcher's death was performed at Glastonbury Festival today, just months after her funeral.

Elvis Costello, playing an afternoon set on the main Pyramid Stage, Costello introduced Tramp the Dirt Down by saying at the time he wrote it, many years ago, he thought everyone would have jetpacks by 2013.

The controversial song was broadcast as part of the BBC's coverage of the festival.

Costello, whose fans watching onstage included Mary McCartney and the Arctic Monkey's Alex Turner, told the audience that while he would not wish dementia on anyone: "The things she did to this country are still being done today."

He added: "It's not about burying someone underground, it's about burying an idea in the ground."

Costello also performed hits including Oliver's Army in his hour-long set.

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/ju ... 013-review

Elvis Costello at Glastonbury – review

Absorbing, vital and brilliant stuff but at the Pyramid stage many people are just waiting for the Stones
4 stars (out of 5)

Where and when
Pyramid stage, 5.15pm

Dress code
Rich busker

What happened
Costello doesn't bring the fantastic spinning-wheel songbook he's been touring of late, or his cane-twirling carnival hawker alter ego Napoleon Dynamite, but he does bring the pause-free vivacity he's been exuding in his song-book shows, rattling through a fantastic opening flurry including the Blood & Chocolate highlight I Hope You're Happy Now, I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down and the louche ragga noir of Watching the Detectives with all the taut vitality of his new wave days. Time has blunted the sharper edges of some of these spite-tunes, but Costello's political charge still has a cutting relevance: Radio Radio, particularly, attacks media monopolies with a tongue-twisting vitriol.

Even when Elvis brings it all down, a scat jazz number called Jimmy Standing in the Rain and the Hawaiian relationship lament Good Year for the Roses, it's absorbing, vital and brilliant stuff. But aside from the bigger hits – (I Don't Want to Go to) Chelsea, a masterfully handled Oliver's Army – he struggles to get his energy across, and the reason soon becomes clear. Amid mild frugging to Pump It Up and What's So Funny 'Bout Peace, Love & Understanding, Costello drops in a cover of the Stones's Out of Time and the crowd suddenly perk up, punch the air and sing along. Today, the Pyramid is clearly a one-band show.

Who's watching
Loads of people camped out for the Stones and not shifting for no one.

High point
Costello's ode to holding Zumba classes in Thatcher's corner of the Royal Chelsea hospital, Tramp The Dirt Down, exposes an ironic distaste for anti-establishment sentiment in the latter-day Stones fan. Though he introduces it as "a song not about burying a person but burying an idea", some hiss and heckle, most talk loudly over it and one particularly meditative chap tweaks his nipples at the Guardian reviewer throughout.

Low point
With Costello's guitar lacking bite, Bedlam is a bit of a swamp blues blather, and in-ear monitor issues cause Costello to trample over the delicate melody to Shipbuilding in hob-nail boots. Also delaying the pivotal hook-word "heart" in the chorus to Watching the Detectives is like Costello spitting on your favourite Haribo.

In a tweet
Genius ignored for not playing Paint It Black.
John

Post by John »

FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

not viewable outside the UK, apparently....can anyone there capture this? Or is there going to be TV broadcast of the show??

Dave
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

This photo and caption from the Daily Telegraph's review of Glastonbury Day Two under the heading "other heritage headliners":
29-06-13 Glastonbury
29-06-13 Glastonbury
Elvis_Costello_2521303k.jpg (45.64 KiB) Viewed 24409 times
"The 58-year-old Costello is no stranger to touring. In 2012 he headlined Oxfordshire's Cornbury Festival, encoring with his song Oliver's Army after a two hour set. It must be the constant practice that keeps him in shape - he's headlined Glastonbury three times (1987, 1988 and 1994) and is off to Trondheim festival in Norway this summer."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/cult ... me=2521303

MOOT
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

I watched this live via the red button. Was Elvis on early, I thought I saw it from 5.15. I saw it from Cant stand up for falling down. From what what I saw I thought it was a great set and I thought Elvis was on great from and seemed to go down great with the crowd.
He could not have done much more and Ive watched most of the set twice
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

sheeptotheslaughter wrote:I watched this live via the red button. Was Elvis on early, I thought I saw it from 5.15. I saw it from Cant stand up for falling down. From what what I saw I thought it was a great set and I thought Elvis was on great from and seemed to go down great with the crowd.
He could not have done much more and Ive watched most of the set twice

Can you record it???
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Someone has posted the whole show to Youtube, but only in 240p...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_rvL2CPHG8

Can anyone get higher definition version out there?

Dave