Elvis guests with the Secret Sisters, Hollywood Sept 1 2010

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis guests with the Secret Sisters, Hollywood Sept 1 2

Post by bronxapostle »

there he goes again. this time in GREEN pants!!!
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

Cool. Like the green pants.

Interesting about the sisters harmonizing. You can hear similar amazing harmonies between sisters on the Charlie Haden album that features Elvis on one of the tracks. There IS something about DNA and near perfect harmonization. My own aunts occasionally sing together and its goosebump stuff.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

I gotta get me some of those pants!

Elvis Costello - style leader at 56!
blureu

Post by blureu »

Apparently Rita Houston from WFUV was at this show. She sent the following tweet yesterday. I was wondering what he was doing in L.A. when I saw it.

http://twitter.com/wfuv/status/22836599647

Rita Houston here- heard Elvis Costello play 2 new songs last. Both real good. New album nov. And he slimmed down a bit and looks great.
about 22 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Jeremy Dylan wrote:I gotta get me some of those pants!

Elvis Costello - style leader at 56!
Yeah--the whole outfit is great, but the pants rule. And bonus points, too, because they're seersucker!
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

between this and other california thingies lined up (OH THAT NICK LOWE SHOW SEEMS INCREDIBLE!!!!) i'm smelling october/november as a new york lark hopefully including some Spectacles AND a NATIONAL RANSOM show or three as well. tho' i'm probably wrong....
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:between this and other california thingies lined up (OH THAT NICK LOWE SHOW SEEMS INCREDIBLE!!!!) i'm smelling october/november as a new york lark hopefully including some Spectacles AND a NATIONAL RANSOM show or three as well. tho' i'm probably wrong....
Let's hope he brings his pal Nick along for a reprise of the SF show.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

in TARRYTOWN????
migdd

Post by migdd »

By the way, Graham Parker is opening for Nick at the Tarrytown show!!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i know...i had to scoop up two today. 15 minutes from my house AND birthday week!!! so, i bought my own present. my favorite person to shop for!!! i don't think i've seen Nick since (gasp!) 1989 at CW POST and Graham since about 1998 at the Bottom Line w/ Elliott Murphy & Joe Grushecky...EXCELLENT show! even Garland showed up for a couple songs; GREAT BOOT i recorded if docinwestchester is interested in uploading. oh, by the way...slim pickings left for the Tarrytown show....maybe 50-60 seats left. it's only like a 900 seater. cheers, b
migdd

Post by migdd »

900 seats will be the biggest venue GP has played in a while. Hope you're planning on recording it, ba.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

migdd wrote:900 seats will be the biggest venue GP has played in a while. Hope you're planning on recording it, ba.

what d'ya think??? i went to the place once last year...nice 70-80 year old usher/ettes. very elegant and relaxed. sony will attend!
migdd

Post by migdd »

Please put me on your short list for a CDr of this show. I'm ancient and don't do dime, etc. 8) :wink:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i LOVE trading in the mail...we never have yet, you and i right???? let's.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:i know...i had to scoop up two today. 15 minutes from my house AND birthday week!!! so, i bought my own present. my favorite person to shop for!!! i don't think i've seen Nick since (gasp!) 1989 at CW POST and Graham since about 1998 at the Bottom Line w/ Elliott Murphy & Joe Grushecky...EXCELLENT show! even Garland showed up for a couple songs; GREAT BOOT i recorded if docinwestchester is interested in uploading. oh, by the way...slim pickings left for the Tarrytown show....maybe 50-60 seats left. it's only like a 900 seater. cheers, b
Very slim. All that's left is the back of the balcony. It's a beautiful theater though. Guess I'll see you there, ba. I'm bringing Mrs. doc and Zoom.

BTW, I'll be happy to get that GP boot on Dime. I'm almost done with the last batch. Only the 2002 NYC TV appearances are left, and they should be up on Dime any day now.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:i know...i had to scoop up two today. 15 minutes from my house AND birthday week!!! so, i bought my own present. my favorite person to shop for!!! i don't think i've seen Nick since (gasp!) 1989 at CW POST and Graham since about 1998 at the Bottom Line w/ Elliott Murphy & Joe Grushecky...EXCELLENT show! even Garland showed up for a couple songs; GREAT BOOT i recorded if docinwestchester is interested in uploading. oh, by the way...slim pickings left for the Tarrytown show....maybe 50-60 seats left. it's only like a 900 seater. cheers, b
Very slim. All that's left is the back of the balcony. It's a beautiful theater though. Guess I'll see you there, ba. I'm bringing Mrs. doc and Zoom.

BTW, I'll be happy to get that GP boot on Dime. I'm almost done with the last batch. Only the 2002 NYC TV appearances are left, and they should be up on Dime any day now.

we're upstairs...should make for a "different" recording than yours. don't know if i could talk mrs. apostle into this one!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2 ... _sist.html

The Secret Sisters perform with Elvis Costello, T Bone Burnett and Jakob Dylan