Elvis/Imposters Beacon Theatre New York, NY May 23, 2011

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis/Imposters Beacon Theatre New York, NY May 23, 2011

Post by bronxapostle »

see below!
Last edited by bronxapostle on Sun May 29, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

SoulForHire wrote:Love your recording of the 23rd show. Can't wait to hear your recording of the 24th. Any idea when that one might make it to Dime?
why THANKS SOUL! do u think there is a desire for MY recording even tho a digital recording is up? i'd gladly share if there is a few that PREFER my good old ANALOG jammies!! thanks doc...does anybody else here feel larryrulz should change his rating at dime from good to VERY GOOD for 5-23??? :x :x :x
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

bronxapostle wrote:
SoulForHire wrote:Love your recording of the 23rd show. Can't wait to hear your recording of the 24th. Any idea when that one might make it to Dime?
why THANKS SOUL! do u think there is a desire for MY recording even tho a digital recording is up? i'd gladly share if there is a few that PREFER my good old ANALOG jammies!! thanks doc...does anybody else here feel larryrulz should change his rating at dime from good to VERY GOOD for 5-23??? :x :x :x
I have been enjoying the larryrulz's recording since it went up, but I am pretty sure a lot of people would like to hear the an analog version.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

WOWWWWW! when doc/larry sees this post, he'll up it! gave him a copy yesterday in case there was something he did not like about his. so, what do you say doc? give the people the ANALOG they want?? tho i must admit mondays is better than tuesday. many loudmouths around me, but NOT horrible at all! thanks SFH
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:WOWWWWW! when doc/larry sees this post, he'll up it! gave him a copy yesterday in case there was something he did not like about his. so, what do you say doc? give the people the ANALOG they want?? tho i must admit mondays is better than tuesday. many loudmouths around me, but NOT horrible at all! thanks SFH
Okay. For the analog fans, I'll put your May 24 on DIME.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Yay!! You guys RULE!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:WOWWWWW! when doc/larry sees this post, he'll up it! gave him a copy yesterday in case there was something he did not like about his. so, what do you say doc? give the people the ANALOG they want?? tho i must admit mondays is better than tuesday. many loudmouths around me, but NOT horrible at all! thanks SFH
Okay. For the analog fans, I'll put your May 24 on DIME.
GREAT NEWS DOC...thanks! YA GOTTA GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! :D
docinwestchester

Entire May 23, 2011 show in mp3 format:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0bootb11g2uo9

This is ba's recording. Please do not upload any mp3 versions of other taper's recordings without their permission. Thanks!
handwashings

Post by handwashings »

Thanks again!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
r83rob

Post by r83rob »

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the show!!! I am reliving the most epic of concerts!!!!!!!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Some good clips there.

By the way, my Vuze share ratio on the BA Dime download of the ATUB Beacon shows is 5.14 (1.69gb). Nice one, huh? I never head a positive share ratio pre-Vuze. Now things go on seeding forever, I'm on 1.14 or something. :D
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

'splain to me OTIS!!! i have NO KNOWLEDGE of sharing/torrents/ratios/Vuze. it sounds like i did a GOOD thing for you O, am i correct? are shows now staying available longer than a few years ago? do you mean to say as you, what's it called, file share?, you become like an asset and they give you a good rating??? funny you should say that about the ATUB rehearsals boot (THAT is a GREAT compilation, yes?) here at the 5-23 thread. THAT was another of my VERY BEST recordings and i am SO GLAD people get to enjoy this INCREDIBLE night. wish EVERYONE could have been there and SONY makes it that you somehow can! tell me more of this torrent system as i am VERY interested in getting all my shows (i KNOW they are ALL recorded!!!) in cd form. years back, before doing so at computer, i used to transfer my cassettes to cd at the STEREO SYSTEM! when i did this, i was NOT able to make clean tracks like i do now with my Polderbits program at the pc! so, even MY early transfer recordings always need to be re-mastered to make clean tracks. so i must acquire like sixty-seventy shows anew. i could use loads of help from anyone willing to lend a hand that has lots of shows available! best, ba
scamp

Post by scamp »

basic torrent info:

Dime seems to be the hardest to get up your ratio unless you are a frequent uploaded. Then again it is quite a treasure trove so my ratio would probably suck regardless. Hope that info helps.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yeah scamp, it HELPS me to KNOW it is BEYOND me!!!! i need a trader to send me cds in the MAIL!!! :lol: :lol: :cry:
docinwestchester

scamp wrote:
Dime seems to be the hardest to get up your ratio unless you are a frequent uploaded. Then again it is quite a treasure trove so my ratio would probably suck regardless. Hope that info helps.
Not really true. If you continue to seed the torrent after you download it, and it's a relatively popular torrent, your ratio will be much greater than 1.0, I guarantee it. My numbers are

uploaded 1.50 TB
downloaded 229 GB
ratio 6.69

I have not uploaded 1.50 TB of my own material, that's for sure. Probably only around 60 GB. But by being a long term seeder, the files I downloaded (ie, originally uploaded by other users), get re-uploaded in the process of file sharing. That's how you improve your ratio.

Does that make sense?
scamp

Post by scamp »

Doc, I have been seeding since 2009. I am just not be able to upload as much and no nothing is wrong with my internet because I have 20.47 at Trader's Den, 34 at Tapecity (before it went bust) 3.8 at another . :?

I am running an early version of Transmission so it might be software specific too. I just don't want to use Utorrent cause there mac support forum sucks.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

SCAMP! i've an idea: as i swarm DOC with my EC uploads, he is overwhelmed to upload OTHER acts i've taped. just to drop some names of exclusive recordings i have: WELLER, NICK CAVE, OASIS, GO BETWEENS, GRANT HART, ELLIOTT MURPHY, GRAHAM PARKER, R.E.M. MORRISSEY, THE VERVE, ASHCROFT, OCEAN COLOUR SCENE, McCARTNEY, STONES, JANE'S, PAGE PLANT, LOADS MORE! if you would like to help your ratio to approach doc numbers; wanna help the cause and upload more of my shows??? are you in NY or would i have to mail loads of cds to you? we'd work it out. pm me here and we could arrange something to benefit you, me & mankind!!! :D :D
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I've never uploaded a single thing myself as I'm not a taper and not a tech-head, but I do download a fair bit (most of which I never get as far as converting to listenable files! - life's too short- or at least not for a while) and when I upgraded to Mac 10.6 this year it switched me from Bit Torrent to Vuze as the software and this has made it far easier to improve my ratio as you can leave things on there forever and they re-seed if people want them, hence 5.143 times on your Beacon rehearsals, BA.

I'm amazed by how good your ratio is, Doc, but it must make quite a difference if you upload and are a giver more than a taker.

I have 16 torrents 'on the go', but one has an error for some reason and has barely seeded, one (Villagers, quite obscure) hasn't seeded a single bit. Four others haven't made it to 1, seven are between 1 and 2, and only three are over 3: ATUB, EC on Brussels FM Sept 2002, and an Elbow songs by string quartet one.

It's worth checking on Dime to see if people have re-uploaded stuff. You occasionally find people having splurges. A search on EC's name right now reveals 199 hits, not all of which, of course, are EC recordings. Latest one is Denver 2002, uploaded Monday.

Several new Beacon ones.

Lots from a certain 'larryrulz' :wink:
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

doc....there has been a request for a re-upload of this one please. is that easily done at dime? something about "freeloaders day" there.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Thanks for the heads up on the "freeloaders day."
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:doc....there has been a request for a re-upload of this one please. is that easily done at dime? something about "freeloaders day" there.
I'll take care of it today.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:ABSOLUTE LUNACY; A FREAK SHOW...FOOKIN FANTASTIC!!!! 8:13-10:42

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW
HEART OF THE CITY
MYSTERY DANCE
RADIO RADIO
WATCHING THE DETECTIVES
CLOWNTIME IS OVER II w/ fast ending
STRICT TIME...............PATTY (XAVIER) dances!!!
MAN OUT OF TIME
OUT OF TIME
OLIVER'S ARMY
A SLOW DRAG WITH JOSEPHINE solo
AMERICAN WITHOUT TEARS with BIBLE CODE SUNDAYS AND THE IMPOSTERS
LITTLE PALACES W/ BCS and STEVE in audience(?) playing recorder
SO LIKE CANDY
DON'T LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD
ALL GROWN UP
TURPENTINE with TENNESSEE THOMAS (and the other two girls from THE LIKE(?) in the society lounge)
UNCOMPLICATED w/ TT
SHOTGUN w/ TT set ends

LIPSTICK VOGUE w/ ARCTIC MONKEY singer ALEX TURNER
WAITING FOR THE END OF THE WORLD
GLORIA
CHELSEA
I WANT YOU........incredible!!!

ALISON
TRACKS OF MY TEARS
TEARS OF A CLOWN
SUSPICIOUS MINDS
RED SHOES
PURPLE RAIN at songs end: DIANA KRALL, T BONE BURNETT & PADDY W/ TENNESSEE back on stage and she drums til end of show
PUMP IT UP
SUBTERRANEAN HOMESICK BLUES
PEACE, LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING

too much to describe now...let me just say: MY TAPE SOUNDS GREAT and near perfect tape flips everytime! DOC: i will NOT have this done by tomorrow!!!

9 years ago today, such a GREAT show!!!

Lol....i guess that should say PADDY!!! I wonder, does anyone know how he is? Been so very long since i have been yelled at for smoking on the same NYC block as Elvis. :cry: Or anything else he felt like being faux grouchy about with that impish smile just below the surface. :lol:
Attachments
With TENNESSEE on drums too.
With TENNESSEE on drums too.
IMG_20200523_073029_597.jpg (92.33 KiB) Viewed 16777 times