Rockaplast 83 on DVD?

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
King Teddy Wogan

Rockaplast 83 on DVD?

Post by King Teddy Wogan »

I was wondering if anyone could trade a Rockaplast 83 on DVD with me, since I have the late-seventies one and really would really like to see it's sequel. I have quite a selection of (not particularly rare) EC DVDs for trade, including the Making of Almost Blue.

Thanks!
Now Chief Teddy Wogan.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Would be very nice if you can share some of the DVD's as torrents on dimeadozen.org. Always interested in seeing more E.C. I'm sure someone on there can upload the Rockpalast '83 DVD if you find a place to request it. I'm very interested in seeing that myself.

Just out of curiousity, what DVDs do you have?

I have the Rockpalast '78, the 2005 Glastonbury show and the Live By Request thingie myself.
Turquoise Pajamas

Post by Turquoise Pajamas »

I've got absolutely no EC on video. So if someone wants to post a video torrent to DIME than that would pretty much kick ass! :D
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

I second that emotion. (especially the Rockpalast '83)

I have the same ones as Chrille, but I don't know how to reseed them on dime. I've tried to put torrents up there thrice but I'm useless at computering. I hang my head.
What this world needs is more silly men.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

I have this but its on VHS cassette. Its a bit wobbly in parts so dont know if its worth transferring to DVD. I'll dig it out and have another look.

It does feature a really funny interview before the show with the German hosts translating EC's rather cryptic remarks.
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
King Teddy Wogan

Here's all the EC DVDs I have so far...

Austin City Limits (HDTV Version)
From Austin to Montreal
The Making of Almost Blue
Hammersmith Apollo London JacketCam
Rockpalast 78
Luncinda Williams & EC VCD
Live by Request
At Glastonbury - Edited Version
At Glastonbury - Full Length
Count Basie & LA Country Club VCD (Fixed MPGs)
Elvis at the Kumars
TV Appearences DVD (Edible Egg Concert, Bravo TV, ect)
Assorted P2P Videos (All You Need is Love at Live Aid, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood JacketCam '86, ect)

Most of them are from DIME anyways, but a few of them aren't there anymore so I can re-seed them if anyone would like one. The Making of Almost Blue came from a P2P and I encoded it into DVD and de-interlaced it, cause about halfway through there was some bad interlacing and I managed to fix it, and put some auto-chapters in every 4 minutes. My Austin City Limits DVD is considerably better quality than the regular DVD as it was re-encoded to DVD from the original HiDef footage, but unfortunatly it's only deinterlaced. But it has chapters for each song and a menu I slapped up for it.

Mike, I'd seriously love to see this! What do you use for your capturing?
Now Chief Teddy Wogan.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Havent actually transferred anything to DVD from VHS before, but my big problem will be actually getting my hands on the tape as Ive moved about 3 times in the last year, including moving from one side of the world to the other - if I can find it, maybe youd like to do it, if I sent you the tape??
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
King Teddy Wogan

I actually just recently got back into capturing, so I've got plenty of spaceon the HD for transfering since I prefer to capture uncompressed as to preserve quality, since it's only really 1 levels of compression after capture this way. Let me know when you've found the tape!

Also, if anyone would like any of the DVDs I have or want me to reseed them, just ask as I'd like to get more Elvis videos on DIME, since he currently hasn't got a whole lot there anymore.
Now Chief Teddy Wogan.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

If it's not too much trouble, could you tell us a bit what's on each of the DVDs? not the entire tracklists, but when and where it was recorded, the amount of songs, highlights and your opinion of each DVD
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

I'd be grateful for anything.
What this world needs is more silly men.
King Teddy Wogan

If it's not too much trouble, could you tell us a bit what's on each of the DVDs? not the entire tracklists, but when and where it was recorded, the amount of songs, highlights and your opinion of each DVD

No problem at all! :) Nearly finished writing it up, sorry for the delay its just theres quite a few and i've been busy i'm afraid.

I'll try and post the descriptions for them tonight.
Now Chief Teddy Wogan.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

Excellent, thanks for all your trouble :)
King Teddy Wogan

Tv Appearences:

As seen on TV parts 1 & 2
Bravo Special
Talk Show appearences
Rockpalast 78

Has some great stuff such as the Bravo special with lengthy interviews and song performances. The talk show guest has a great performance of Pad, Paws and Claws on David Letterman from 89. lots of other things to look through aswell all varying in quality, too many to say!

Elvis at the Kumars:

As the title says really, Elvis doing an interview on the Kumars, The quality is pretty good, not brilliant but certainly more than acceptable. It was done this year I believe, not sure of the exact date though.

Elvis at glasto full version:

This is great quality dvd of Elvis performing at glastonbury this year. He performs 16 songs the usual sought of things but with some great highlights such as, You Really Got A Hold Of Me, High Fidelity and Less Than Zero.

A&E Live By Request:

This was shot on 25-09-03 and also has 16 songs. Quite a bit of variety, great seeing Couldn't Call Unexpected #4, the original version of Everday I Write The Book and quite a few songs off North. The quality is nice, a little soft, but good.

Rockpalast 78

The full length DVD quality version of this, that is still available on DIME, so I need not seed it there, but it's great quality (for 25 year old video footage) and he performs, albiet a little drunken, most of the songs on TYM and some off MAIT.

Count Basie & LA Country Club VCD (Fixed MPGs)

A performance of 'Lil' Darlin' at Count Basie's and 'Stranger in the House' with George Jones and a couple of other cowpoke songs on the second clip. Nick Lowe is on bass on the latter. These DO work, and are not the broken ones that are often known of.

Luncinda Williams & EC VCD

This is an unusual VCD of the two on a country tv station playing songs, mainly from Lucy's reputoire, but there's a couple of Elvis', including a fairly bad impression of George Jones from the King (to which Lucinda give an unimpressed laugh at) and Elvis trying to make sense of some woman's question in the audience, giving what appears to be the WRONG
answer (although I couldn't understand what the hell she meant) and then promptly trying to cling onto one last shred of dignity as he mimes the chords to Lucinda's song without acutally strumming them.

Hammersmith Apollo London JacketCam

The Costello concert I attended this year (I'll be one of the people at the front row who stand up towards the end) this was shot from the balcony by some unsuspecting fan. Quality is as good as it can be from that distance, although the interlacing seems a bit messed up
and he goes out of sync gradually.

The Making of Almost Blue

I downlaoded this from a P2P and converted the AVI to a de-interlaced DVD, and added random chapters every 4 minutes. No menu, but the quality is perdy good.

Assorted P2P Videos

I have a few more of these now, it's all basicly bits and bobs of P2Ps, so I'll probably be best torrenting these on DIME.

Austin City Limits (HDTV Version)

I made this straight after I downlaoded the HDTV file off DIME last year, although someone has recently uploaded their own transfer of it, and you might ant to check if that's interlaced or not, as mine isn't (even though the quality is absolutly exceptional).

From Austin to Montreal

A low quality version of Austin City Limits, but there's a couple of performances of Monkey to Man, one off Jool Holland, and a few others off TDM, and a nice Diana and Elvis show where they do Almost Blue and another blues tune.

So there you go!
Now Chief Teddy Wogan.
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

I got this in a trade a couple years back but it was a very bad transfer. I'd love to see a good copy of this.
King Teddy Wogan

Hopefully I should be able to get it from someone, and if it comes through I shall endeavour to put it on DIME, which as soon as I can, I shall also put some of the DVDs I have there too, to try and encourage some EC DVD trading.
Now Chief Teddy Wogan.
King Teddy Wogan

Well, I managed to get a copy of it, but the quality unfortuantly is a bit rough, it is missing the interview at the beginning that I've heard about and it skips here and there. I am now wondering if anyone has a good transfer of it on DVD, as I'd really like to see this in as good quality as the other Rockpalast release.
Now Chief Teddy Wogan.