Lost

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Lost

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Anyone watching this? Don't know when it went out in the US. It's utter tosh, but of course it's a must-see. Every week some little mystery. Tonight's was hilarious (Locke about to meet his maker, camera angle pov for the beast, about 20 feet tall, and yet, somehow , he survives! And is the mystery man in the grey suit and the white trainers somehow connected to this?) I'm tempted every week to watch the next one over on E4, but know I mustn't.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bobster

Post by bobster »

It was (along with "Desperate Housewives") was the big U.S. network show last year . I was hooked for a bit, but it was ultimately a bit overly serious/soapy for my taste, despite the presense of a couple of the better "Buffy" writers. Still, mostly good characters, acting, outstanding production values, etc.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Love it- can't wait for the season premiere. Definitely one you have to see every week or you'll miss a lot.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

This - like Desperate Housewives - I am surprised to say I really like.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

You know, I really want to like Desperate Housewives, but I don't. I think it's just too, too close to everything I feared life in the suburbs would be like if I stayed there. I grew up in a wealthy snooty white town just like that.

However, the show and its glam-ification of older women/MILFs has done wonders for my love life, on occasion...

:D :shock:

I want to see Lost but didn't want to come in in the middle. I'll catch it eventually.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

I like it, but I think it's quite bad at the same time to be honest. The mysterious, suspenseful bits are what I like about it and yet they are quite rare. In-between is generic, cheesy soap.

Anyone seen Carnivale? Now that's a show I liked. Too bad it was cancelled.
Otis Westinghouse

pophead2k wrote:Love it- can't wait for the season premiere.
What's the 'season premiere'? Sopunds like the first episode, in which case how can you love it? Colour me confused.

Mug: that's precisely why Desp House is so great - great satire. And it's so very well done.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I guess so-- like Seinfeld, I'm not supposed to really like any of them? I don't find it funny and I can't bring myself to give a shit what happens to them.

I find the suburbs terrifying, and the characters will never escape them or be redeemed, nor do they seem to want to; like I said, too close to my own nightmares to be entertaining! But I can see how others could find it so.
LittleFoole

Post by LittleFoole »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
pophead2k wrote: Mug: that's precisely why Desp House is so great - great satire. And it's so very well done.
So very, VERY, VERY well done....funny assed shit - can't say as I ever got into Lost - tried it once or twice, ....just didn't make it for me and the Mrs. DHW is one of the few network shows we made a point of watching faithfully (Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps the only one of the "Big Three" US networks. TV becomes a larger and more vast wasteland with each passing year - God, do I sound f-ing OLD, or WHAT ???!!!??? LMAO !!!)
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
pophead2k wrote:Love it- can't wait for the season premiere.
What's the 'season premiere'? Sopunds like the first episode, in which case how can you love it? Colour me confused.
Otis: season premiere is the first episode of the season, what your people call a "series," I believe.
Otis Westinghouse

So series two over there? I heard there were scores of episodes, so sounds possible. It may get boring after a while.

I'm relieved to be on dry land after spending the evening in the company of George Clooney and co. aboard the Andrea Gail in The Perfect Storm. Whole mountain ranges of water!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

One thing that bugged me about Lost is that no airline would let an extremely pregnant woman - Claire - fly. Unless that comes up later in the episodes when we learn more about her.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?