It's Blackout Time!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

It's Blackout Time!

Post by BlueChair »

Anybody else affected by this? I had to crash at a friend's downtown last night since I work downtown and live quite a bit north of the city. With the traffic lights out, and the subway not working, man...

I managed to make my way back home this morning, but there are still a lot of houses and intersections without power, and the subway is still not working. Luckily we have power here at home, but we're doing our part conserving energy by not having the air conditioning on today. Luckily it's nice and cool in the basement.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

you didn't go out looting??!!

the scope of this blackout is incredible. and they'll tell us 6 months from now that a squirrel committed suicide in a transformer and set the whole thing off...the blizzard of '93 left us without power for over a week. it was surreal--the national guard dropping food out of helicopters and humvees trying to get the elderly and disabled into areas with power and/or heat.

hope you get to use your a/c soon! think cooling thoughts! 8)
Like me, the "g" is silent.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I'm actually kind of sad that I missed this. I like chaos. Although I don't think I'd like being stuck in an elevator for however many hours.

Can you imagine being in New York City and seeing stars?
A rope leash

Your punishment for not playing my game!

Post by A rope leash »

El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I'm just glad that none of my friends on this board were in an emergency situation when this happened. We've even had freaky blackouts here in friggin' Maryville, TN!