"A Class Act" -- defective?

Pretty self-explanatory
Dr. Luther

"A Class Act" -- defective?

Post by Dr. Luther »

Anybody having trouble playing their "A Class Act" 1999 (on Doberman) CDs?

My disc 1 is taking forever to scan on initial loading, and then there's actual distortion on "Alibi", and maybe more -- I couldn't take anymore...

It is visually pristine, and used to play just fine.

I suspect that it may have do do with the pasted-on label -- or perhaps the glue involved to do so.

Anyway, I'm distraught, as this is one of my faves.
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

My copy is alright, and it's definitely my favorite EC/SN show. (I love the Aging Gracefully boot from '96 too, but the setlist is a bit short/predictable on that one)

I'd cry for a week if it stopped working. I need a dose of Burnt Sugar every once in awhile, not to mention Suspect My Tears.
What this world needs is more silly men.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Yeah, the Fillmore show is great -- and the quality of that boot is tremendous, maybe the best of all of them.

I was at that show -- my wife's 33rd birthday. (I should add that she was there as well -- I'm not that stupid...)

GGMS will always have a special place in my heart as a result of being played at that show. Obviously, it was the 1st time I had heard it, and it just bowled me over.

A great memory.
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

God Give Me Strength from that show is in my top 5 favourite live performances from Elvis. I'm jealous that you were there...
Where's North from 'ere?
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Try making a copy of the CD for yourself. If the copy has the same problem, then it's your disc. If the copy plays well, who knows? But at least you can play the copy.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Thanks.
I think my CD player is giving out -- shorting out or something -- which is almost better in a way, I guess.