Anyone have "Live Stiffs" from way back when ???

Pretty self-explanatory
LittleFoole

Anyone have "Live Stiffs" from way back when ???

Post by LittleFoole »

Live album of Stiff recording artists at the time - Hmmmm, EC, Wreckless Eric, Nick Lowe, Ian Dury, and somebody else (Larry Wallis /Psychedlic Rowdies.....derivative of Blockheads, or something... but ANYways...)
Has EC ever done the Burt Bacharach/Hal David song I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself since that time??? I've never heard it performed live (other than on that 33 1/3 rpm lp record thing) and absolutely love EC's cover of that song to death !!! Almost as though B&D had actually written it for the man personally....just love it. I won that record from a college radio station in NJ (either Trenton State or Princeton, can't remember, now...LOL) Hmmmmm, gotta find me a new turntable (or possible even better, a pawned turntable ;) )
sabreman

Post by sabreman »

>>Anyone have "Live Stiffs" from way back when ???
I have it. I think he also performed I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself on the CN Box set but I am not positive.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Elvis and Steve did a nice version of it at the Troubadour on May 14 1996 and it's on the live box set. I was lucky enough to see Elvis perform it with Burt in 2000. A great version, there was a tv crew videotaping it so presumably there is a recording of it tucked away in an archive somewhere, hopefully it'll become available someday.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

I have it.
It's also on the Elvis and Burt Sessions at 54th Street video - "with all the correct chord changes". And multiply bootlegged.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
John

Post by John »

I have it from a John Peel session from 197?.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

John wrote:I have it from a John Peel session from 197?.
Rec. Oct 23 1978, B’cast Oct 30 1978. I'd forgotten about that, must dig it out.
martin

Post by martin »

I have the stiffs live stiffs LP but like you i have no turntable any more. I think the version on the bonus disc of My Aim Is True is the same version that appears on the stiffs live stiffs album.