Lego A Story

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Lego A Story

Post by mood swung »

Some of you may remember this. A very simple game. Just add a lyric or a quote to continue the story. Cite your source!

Many years later we found ourselves in Canada, trying to save our marriage and perhaps catch a few fish. Whatever came first.
(Lake Marie, John Prine)

cut and paste the important part of that and add something!

please?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

No
signed with love and vicious kisses
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Many years later we found ourselves in Canada, trying to save our marriage. I'd serenade you every night, but you'd never come round to hear it. I'd write your name with fireworks in the sky, but you'd never turn up to see it. (Arab Strap)
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Many years later we found ourselves in Canada, trying to save our marriage. I'd serenade you every night, but you'd never come round to hear it. I'd write your name with fireworks in the sky, but you'd never turn up to see it. (Arab Strap) virgin aisles and green marinas/kitchen tiles and vacumn cleaners/angry words and miles between us/major crimes and misdemeanors...oh... (Forbert, I Married A Girl)
alexv

Post by alexv »

Many years later we found ourselves in Canada, trying to save our marriage. I'd serenade you every night, but you'd never come round to hear it. I'd write your name with fireworks in the sky, but you'd never turn up to see it. (Arab Strap) virgin aisles and green marinas/kitchen tiles and vacumn cleaners/angry words and miles between us/major crimes and misdemeanors...oh... (Forbert, I Married A Girl) when first we faced, and touching showed how well we knew the early moves, behind the moonlight and the frost, the excitement and the gratitude (Larkin, When First We Faced)
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Many years later we found ourselves in Canada, trying to save our marriage. I'd serenade you every night, but you'd never come round to hear it. I'd write your name with fireworks in the sky, but you'd never turn up to see it. (Arab Strap) virgin aisles and green marinas/kitchen tiles and vacumn cleaners/angry words and miles between us/major crimes and misdemeanors...oh... (Forbert, I Married A Girl) when first we faced, and touching showed how well we knew the early moves, behind the moonlight and the frost, the excitement and the gratitude (Larkin, When First We Faced). And I can remember planning building my whole world around you. I can remember hoping that you and I could make it on through. But something went wrong.(The Love I Lost, Harold Melvin).
Where's North from 'ere?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Many years later we found ourselves in Canada, trying to save our marriage. I'd serenade you every night, but you'd never come round to hear it. I'd write your name with fireworks in the sky, but you'd never turn up to see it. (Arab Strap) virgin aisles and green marinas/kitchen tiles and vacumn cleaners/angry words and miles between us/major crimes and misdemeanors...oh... (Forbert, I Married A Girl) when first we faced, and touching showed how well we knew the early moves, behind the moonlight and the frost, the excitement and the gratitude (Larkin, When First We Faced). And I can remember planning building my whole world around you. I can remember hoping that you and I could make it on through. But something went wrong. (The Love I Lost, Harold Melvin). I thought we'd last forever, I thought we had a plan, I thought it was the two of us, I thought maybe that you'd understand. You used to make me happy, but what'd ya do? (What'd Ya Do? - The Ramones)
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

Many years later we found ourselves in Canada, trying to save our marriage. I'd serenade you every night, but you'd never come round to hear it. I'd write your name with fireworks in the sky, but you'd never turn up to see it. (Arab Strap) virgin aisles and green marinas/kitchen tiles and vacumn cleaners/angry words and miles between us/major crimes and misdemeanors...oh... (Forbert, I Married A Girl) when first we faced, and touching showed how well we knew the early moves, behind the moonlight and the frost, the excitement and the gratitude (Larkin, When First We Faced). And I can remember planning building my whole world around you. I can remember hoping that you and I could make it on through. But something went wrong. (The Love I Lost, Harold Melvin). I thought we'd last forever, I thought we had a plan, I thought it was the two of us, I thought maybe that you'd understand. You used to make me happy, but what'd ya do? (What'd Ya Do? - The Ramones), you lost the key to paradise, and that's the oldest story in the world (Plimsouls)
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Many years later we found ourselves in Canada, trying to save our marriage and perhaps catch a few fish. Whatever came first. (Lake Marie, John Prine)

I'd serenade you every night, but you'd never come round to hear it. I'd write your name with fireworks in the sky, but you'd never turn up to see it. (Arab Strap)

virgin aisles and green marinas/kitchen tiles and vacumn cleaners/angry words and miles between us/major crimes and misdemeanors...oh... (Forbert, I Married A Girl)

when first we faced, and touching showed how well we knew the early moves, behind the moonlight and the frost, the excitement and the gratitude (Larkin, When First We Faced).

And I can remember planning building my whole world around you. I can remember hoping that you and I could make it on through. But something went wrong. (The Love I Lost, Harold Melvin).

I thought we'd last forever, I thought we had a plan, I thought it was the two of us, I thought maybe that you'd understand. You used to make me happy, but what'd ya do? (What'd Ya Do? - The Ramones),

you lost the key to paradise, and that's the oldest story in the world (Plimsouls)

Who do you ask when there´s no one left to turn to
You ask me and I´ll always try to hear
Past money and colours and make believe
Good cheap values for a thrifty clown (To Look At You, INXS)
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Many years later we found ourselves in Canada, trying to save our marriage and perhaps catch a few fish. Whatever came first. (Lake Marie, John Prine)

I'd serenade you every night, but you'd never come round to hear it. I'd write your name with fireworks in the sky, but you'd never turn up to see it. (Arab Strap)

virgin aisles and green marinas/kitchen tiles and vacumn cleaners/angry words and miles between us/major crimes and misdemeanors...oh... (Forbert, I Married A Girl)

when first we faced, and touching showed how well we knew the early moves, behind the moonlight and the frost, the excitement and the gratitude (Larkin, When First We Faced).

And I can remember planning building my whole world around you. I can remember hoping that you and I could make it on through. But something went wrong. (The Love I Lost, Harold Melvin).

I thought we'd last forever, I thought we had a plan, I thought it was the two of us, I thought maybe that you'd understand. You used to make me happy, but what'd ya do? (What'd Ya Do? - The Ramones),

you lost the key to paradise, and that's the oldest story in the world (Plimsouls)

Who do you ask when there´s no one left to turn to
You ask me and I´ll always try to hear
Past money and colours and make believe
Good cheap values for a thrifty clown (To Look At You, INXS)

What a fool I was
What a thin disguise
Brando mumble
Mingus eyes
(Richard Thompson)
What this world needs is more silly men.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

We're dancing fools, you and me
Tonight it's a dance of insecurity
It's my solo while you're away
Shadows have the saddest thing to say

(Sweet Sucker Dance, J.Mitchell/Ch.Mingus)
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

(Sweet Sucker Dance, J.Mitchell/Ch.Mingus)

Go on over there and turn on
the light....no, all the lights
Now come back here and stand
on this chair...that's right

(Randy Newman, You Can Leave Your Hat On)
alexv

Post by alexv »

[i](Sweet Sucker Dance, J.Mitchell/Ch.Mingus)

Go on over there and turn on
the light....no, all the lights
Now come back here and stand
on this chair...that's right

(Randy Newman, You Can Leave Your Hat On)

I don't mind, the thing that bothers me
is someone keeps moving my chair around
"Would you mind if we balance this glass of milk
where your visiting friend accidentally was killed?"

(the two Johns, TMBG)