Lyla-Oasis

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
martinfoyle

Lyla-Oasis

Post by martinfoyle »

Along with the U2 show from monday, the Polish radio leak of the forthcoming Oasis single has been clogging up the internet. Here's one source if you want to grab it. Very same old, same old, imo.

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=10NP ... U09B5RNG6H
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Just listening to it and don't like it at all.

They should go back to what they did well - ripping off The Beatles like on Morning Glory.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

I think it will do better than their last singles. It's catchy in an annoying way. I like the rip-off beginning from "Street Fighting Man"
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Oasis has always bored me... even when everyone else was like "these guys rule!"
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Is this the place to admit that sometimes I put on "Definitely Maybe" at full blast and dance around the room singing into a hairbrush? No? Okay then, never mind.
bobster

Post by bobster »

I'm totally Bluechair on this one. In fact, they never even sounded much like the Beatles to me!

And, though I sorta like and respect them, the only U2 recrord I ever seriously considered buying was the single of "Angel of Harlem."
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
alexv

Post by alexv »

Bobster, we are U2 sould mates. Angel of Harlem rocks!! I ended up buying Rattle and Rum when it came out because it was on that record. Nothing since or before. I was blown away when at the time that record came out they publicly stated that it was inspired by their first becoming aware of American blues. Unbelievable!! Not just that it would be the case, but that they would admit it publicly.
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

miss buenos aires wrote:Is this the place to admit that sometimes I put on "Definitely Maybe" at full blast and dance around the room singing into a hairbrush? No? Okay then, never mind.
No - this is the right place.Glad to hear it. Colombia is one of the best anthems ever... i think
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
Branst

Post by Branst »

The melody to this new Oasis song, "Lyla," sounds a lot like the Stones "Street Fighting Man."