Underappreciated albums

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I've learned to love Babylon And On- but I've yet to give Play a legitimate listen. I think I'll have do that.

Look what I won!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT
senior_service

Post by senior_service »

Mr. Average wrote:Los Lobos - "Will the Wolf Survive"
Excellent choice! Actual album title is "How Will the Wolf Survive?"
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Thank you for the correction. I was singing the title track in my head when I wrote the message, and I never hear, or say, the "How" during the refrain.

You are 100% correct.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

If just one person buys Rumour and Sigh as a result of that post, I will dissapear like Sam Beckett in Quantum Leap. :lol:

Yeah it's a fair point Jacko, but it is underappreciated in that it barely makes top 100s of any kind, and RT does not get nearly enough praise in the popular media (bit like EC).
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

LC & Mr. Average,

I don't normally solicit like this but you guys might be interested in my Richard Thompson piece which will be available on fine computers everywhere February 1st via Being There's big ass issue six.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Holy cow.

I've been been on a Squeeze discovery mission as of late, and Sweets From A Stranger is awesome. I was surprised as I listened to it, it is the perfect follow up to East Side Story- especially 'Points Of View' (which sounds like it was plucked directly from Argybargy). It isnt quite as good as the two albums that came before it, because unlike those albums- not every song is genius, and it has some filler. It apparently broke up the band, too.

The first half of Babylon And On is great too.

However, Play is an album I don't think I can ever like. I'm not a fan of Glenn's vocal more-delicate style, and basically this is what I thought Squeeze sounded like before I gave them a real chance. It is dreadful to me.

Cosi Fan Tutti Frutti and Frank are still unknowns, pretty much.