Elvis as a young man

Pretty self-explanatory
bambooneedle

Elvis as a young man

Post by bambooneedle »

If Elvis were young today, I reckon he'd still be compelled to want to be in the music business...

Like, say he was 20; would he be compelled to get rudely indignant about the current state of affairs, or what?

Would he be a dangerous mutherfucker to fuck with in the "world of rock", or has all that bullshit gone away? I don't think it has.

It's hard to tell whether Elvis thinks the sun shines out of his arse or whether not sometimes. But hey, he keeps earning it... There's no doubt about that.

But I'm trying to make you imagine Elvis today as if he was 20, 22, or 25(..?). Would he be bringing rock and roll destruction to cut through the world?
bambooneedle

could have been to Mr. Average (shock, horror!)

Post by bambooneedle »

Is that possible? (Nah, I was just kidding).

Entertainment is needed sometimes (humbly).
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Just hope that his way of being "dangerous" would be different than that represented by the likes of Liam or Noel Gallagher.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
sabreman

Post by sabreman »

What is funny is that when I go to EC concerts now I see many people that would have never been into him back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. I am not sure how EC would fit into the MTV pop World of today but I having a feeling he came just at the right time (prior to MTV) where a indi label like Stiff could still make a splash.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Well bamboo, he would fit into the world of rock, but it would be his world of rock. Of rock n roll (let's not forget...).

Singlehandledly saving rock n' roll, as Letterman said.