Chappelle's Show Season 3 Delayed

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
El Vez

Chappelle's Show Season 3 Delayed

Post by El Vez »

SoLikeCandy might be the only other board member who likes this show as much as I do but this kinda bummed me out to discover on the Reuters news page. The Daily Show is brilliant and deserves every bit of its status as a commercial/critical juggernaut for Comedy Central but I think Dave Chappelle's sketch comedy show also scored knockout after knockout in '04. Other than Chris Rock's very good Never Scared special, Chappelle's Show seemed like the only thing on tv with any bite that talked about race issues in this country and it even gave Stewart's show a run for its political satire money with a brilliant sketch about a black George W. Bush. At any rate, it appears that they haven't bothered to work on much new material and Dave has been sick in that way that may or may not be a cover for not having done much work on the new season. Not only has this delayed season 3, but it also pushes back the release of the season 2 dvd which bums me out to no end because I was all psyched for its february release.

Sorry for prattling on but this really is a letdown for me as a fan of smart, edgy sketch comedy.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I'm Rick James, b**ch.

I think he is the funniest guy right now. He's the Redd Fox of the 00's
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Didn't you hear? Opie and Anthony are the funniest thing right now.

Some people don't pay attention...

I love Chappelle's Show from what I've seen, but I have to admit that I hvaen't seen much. The Race Draft was insanely funny. And the Charlie Murphy True Hollywood Stroy with Prince was kiler. I've never seent he Rick Hames bit, but I feel like I have.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

noiseradio wrote:Didn't you hear? Opie and Anthony are the funniest thing right now.

Some people don't pay attention...
Funny.
The repetitive and unoriginal Dave Chappelle Show has nothing on the ONA Show.

I'm sorry to people who are fans of the show- but it stinks. I did not bring up the comparison either, I'm responding to a boardmember who needs to keep a debate in its respective topic.

"Im Rick James, Bitch!" - really funny, really. :roll:

There is nothing funny about shouting off with the same predictable and bad humor.

Noise- lets see Chapelle on talk radio.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Not touching the above comment with a ten foot pole. I'm not even gonna throw a potatoe at it.

I saw that in the news as well, and it doesn't really surprise me--Chappelle's Show is the most consistently funny show of the year. From Rick James to Prince ("pancakes?" "Pancakes."), to the skit he did with Wayne Brady, he has hit just about every corner he could. It only makes sense that there would be a slowdown...I have a feeling he wants to make sure he can top himself. Although I really don't know how he's going to top the "Training Day" parody he did with Brady...."is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"

I just you just had to be there...
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

"Oil? Oil? Who said anything about oil? You cookin', bitch?"

I will be standing off in the distance, having coffee with SLC and discussing the importance of staying away from these little flame wars.

Toast anyone?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

El Vez wrote: Toast anyone?
Here's lookin at you, kid.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

The Doc and I love this show. I hadn't heard season 3 was dealyed. He is edgy and funny and isn't afraid to make fun of anyone and everyone - including himself.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I've never seen it, I have to say... when/where is it on?
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

El Vez wrote:"Oil? Oil? Who said anything about oil? You cookin', bitch?"

I will be standing off in the distance, having coffee with SLC
Toast anyone?
Instead of toast, ElVez, how about yellow cake?

Or perhaps you should just purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

I could quote lines from that damn show all day...let's go get that cuppa, Vezzie baby.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Have you tried the new place downtown, "Mars, Bitches!" I hear they serve a mean chai latte.

"Red rock! Yi yi!"
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

"Man.....I fucked up!"

"Oh, this racism is killing me inside!"
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Tyrone Biggums
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

This, among many other things, is precisely why I love this place so verily much...

And yes, I do have to say that the word "bitch" is used quite often in Chappelle's Show. But you can't help but laugh. Even Rick James, just a few days before he rejoined the flame, went on the BET Music Awards and reminded everyone that he was "Rick James, bitch!" That's a sign of power, y'all.

"White people like Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X."
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

"Do you know what dog food tastes like? DO YOU?! It tastes just like it smells......delicious!"

Ad for Samuel L. Jackson Beer

"Samuel L. Jackson! Made painstakingly by me; Samuel L. Jackson! It'll get you drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a N**** or two! Mmm, mmm drink, bitch!"
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I don't know that one. Did I miss that episode...? :oops:
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Cold blooded....
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

SoLikeCandy wrote:I don't know that one. Did I miss that episode...? :oops:
The Tyrone Biggums "dog food" bit or the Sam Jack beer ad? The Biggums quote was from the first season where Tyrone tells the little kids how to score acid and the Jackson ad was from season 2. He does Samuel L. Jackson *almost* better than Sam does himself.

I am also partial to his impersonation of Nelson Mandela.....
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Wasn't there an attempted intervention with Tyrone?
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

cosmos wrote:Wasn't there an attempted intervention with Tyrone?
"Didn't you get your invitation to the $400,000 crack party?"
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

I've seen the Sam Jackson ad: "mmmmm mmmmm, bitch!" The Tyrone Biggums one was the one I seem to have forgotten. Tyrone kinda scares me, but I do love the Red Balls sketch...
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

SoLikeCandy wrote:Not touching the above comment with a ten foot pole. I'm not even gonna throw a potatoe at it.
Since you're going to try and take a shot at me- listen to the promo and you'll get why I typed it that way. :roll:
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I don't appreciate this disrespect, Whar. I've been a really nice guy about not badgering you about your Opie & Anthony fandom or the Glassjaw/Palumbo/Head Automatica/etc. stuff. And now you're on my thread making a scene. Here's a little tip; Noise is baiting you into making such a jackass out of yourself that you'll get banned again. He doesn't like you and he wants you gone. Other people feel that way too and they are willing to look the other way and let him push your buttons till you say something so stupid like you did before that you get canned. But do I bait you? No, I do not and I ask that you take an extra few seconds between posts to show me some courtesy and not insult the things that *I* like or harass a class act like SLC. Do you not see that Noise is playing you like an absolute fiddle? Everyone else can. You're gonna have to start taking these things on the chin a little better and ignoring some of this stuff or I promise you that you are going to wind up getting banned again.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I see that Noise is attempting to manipulate me.

I just thought this board to be a fair one.

Thinking back- with the WRAH events (keep quiet- dont ban anyone!), and my previous banning- I realize that isn't possible.

If that is how the board works, I'll have no choice but to accept a permanent ban.

I do apologize for ruining your thread. It was my intention to keep my opinion to myself.