napoleon dynamite

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

And Mr. Needle time...
Why do I get this feeling that you are working overtime just to get something stirred up. Peace on earth, man, and good will to all dudes.

Your friend in all actuality and indeed,

Mr. x-bar
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

:lol:
Mr A, we need to get your post count up. Don't be such a stranger.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Mr. Average wrote:My trigger is "orientated" vs oriented.
That's just British use! Do you have a problem with seeing 'colour' too?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Bamboo,

That's one "cracker" comment I'll gladly accept.

I posted that back in, what, February? I still haven't seen the film, but I will be seeing it when it comes out on DVD. I think I'm reviewing it for Being There. I have heard very good things about the film from people I tend to agree with, so I'm actually looking forward to it now.

But I still think it's lame that the filmmaker distanced himself from EC as much as he did. Even if it was accidental, he should have given EC props for thinking of such a cool name. Especially since the intriguing title is what attracted so many people to see it in the first place.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Mr. Average wrote:And Mr. Needle time...
Why do I get this feeling that you are working overtime just to get something stirred up.
Well, Mr. Average, would you LIKE me to stir something up? so you may have the pleasure of disapproving?

I don't know why you have that feeling... could it be that it is congruent with something inside yourself? Stop making me out to be a needler. I'm not into S&M, either. Everybody so far has resisted making any lame joke about how funny Needle Time and bambooneedle might go together, and I didn't expect it from you.

My comment about 'actually' was to point out that I hadn't necessarily overlooked your point when saying I was glad we agreed about one thing - curiosity. Hence, I thought it was incorrect of you to then reply with "Actually, ..... " (implies that what came before was not actual) but it's not something I would really care to admonish you or anyone else about.
----------

My favourite faux nomme of Elvis' might be "the little hands of concrete".
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

The workings of the human mind is a fascinating thing, isn't it?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Mr. Average, would you stop it with the pass-agg nonsense already... Lo and behold, you're starting to irritate me. Frankly, I'm shocked.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Merry Christmas, Bamboo, and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Thank you. Likewise.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

*ding, ding, ding*

ROON ARLEDGE: End of round. End of fight. Judges call it a draw. Well, Howard, what did you think?

HOWARD COSELL: Rarely have I seen such a puzzling pastiche of poorly-lit pugilistic pantomime.

ROON: You...ummm...you mean shadow boxing?

HOWARD: Precisely.

ROON: I see what you mean. These two prizefighters have faced one another before. But this time it's as if they were throwing all their punches past each other. I'm not even sure I can say with certainty that they were in the same ring at the same time.

HOWARD: Maybe it would have been a mite less mind-boggling if they had actually been in a ring. By all appearances, however, this arena previously resembled a room regularly reserved for recitation of conversation concerning the composition of contemporary classic cinema.

ROON: Ummm...you mean this was a discussion about a movie that suddenly turned into a fight about...nothing?

HOWARD: Isn't that what I said?

ROON: Sure. But do you have the right to complain, Howard? Aren't you known for getting into the goulash with glib arguments when someone goads or gets your goat? (Great, now you've got me gabbing with a lot of alliteration).

HOWARD: Guilty as charged, guy. Hate to be a hypocrite.

ROON: Well, folks, we'll be back after this word.

(commercial)
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I thoroughly enjoyed that Noise. Since Mr. Average and I have already been indulging in smug cuckles coming around to the conclusion that we really don't dislike each other but in fact secretly admire each other's "needling" abilities, however, perhaps you came in slightly late for us. But I'm glad that not for others.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Wha' Happent??
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to write. And it's as much about me as anyone, so I'm glad it was taken in fun.
--William Shakespeare