Steve Nieve & Squeeze

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

Steve Nieve & Squeeze

Post by ice nine »

I was just on AMG.com looking up information on Squeeze and I was surprised to find that Steve Nieve is listed as being in the group at one time. When was he in the band?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
bobster

Post by bobster »

That's a new one me! I wonder if he just toured with them when they were bouncing back and forth between Jools Holland and Paul Carrack on keyboards.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I think he plays on the track Maidstone and a few others. I could be wrong.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Steve and Pete Thomas played with Squeeze around the time Play came out.

True story. I was driving past a pub called the Amersham Arms and there was a handwritten poster in the window that said "Tonight Squeeze £5". I parked the car up and went to have a look. I asked the barman and he said it was true. Squeeze were playing a warm up set because they were supporting either David Bowie or Bryan Adams at Wembley (I can't remember which).

Me and my mate went and sure enough the place was packed (it held about 200 people).

They played what was more or less a greatest hits set with some Play songs thrown in. My favourite memory is Glenn introducing Wicked and Cruel and then Pete started playing a different intro. Glenn stopped, turned to Pete and said "What's that Pete?". Pete laughed and then Glenn said "It goes like this and started mouthing the drum intro". Pete started laughing and then they played the song.

Squeeze with Steve and Pete played a few shows together.

I also went to see Difford and Tilbrook at Blackheath Concert Hall and Steve supported. He did a set of about 45 minutes and sang a couple of times. That was an experience :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Thanks tor the information.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Uncomplicated

Squeeze

Post by Uncomplicated »

I saw this show in Kansas City, during the tour for the "Play" album.

It was billed as "The Original Squeeze" on the radio. It ended up that Gilson, Jools and even Chris Difford were not there at all. Much to my pleasure, (although I really wish Chris was there) they were replaced by
Pete and Steve. Didn't find this out until we got into the show!

It was a great set. I think it was half accoustic, half electric. And Steve had a cast on one of his arms......kind of played one handed alot.

After the show, I got to meet Glenn around back at the bus and got my "Play" CD autographed by Glenn, Pete, Steve and I believe Keith Wilkinson. I asked where Chris was and Glenn said he had a lung infection. Anyway.........it was a great show!
It's in your eyes..... It's in your eyes.....