board gossip

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

that is kind of Animal House, then! But if she makes you happy....what more can you ask?

I'll have to try the strawberry Loreal--they're worth it! My oldest is little Cinnamon Girl--she's going to be gorgeous. The youngest is a Creamsicle, also going to be gorgeous, but with an attitude.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Okay....here's the Taz gossip...

Ever since I was about ten years old I've been a bit of a sleepwalker. My first remembered experience was being woken up by my sister while peeing in a laundry basket that I thought was the toilet, then shouting at her that I needed some privacy...

Since I was about 20 the only times this has happened was after nights of extreme drinking when I end up staying at an unfamiliar home. Usually I get up to go to the bathroom at some point in the middle of the night and getting lost. This has occurred several times, causing my friends or their wives/girlfriends to be a bit concerned about where the hell I'm going. But for the most part, nothing too horrible (though waking up while peeing of a balcony isn't exactly the high point of my life).

Well, the night of my birthday (2 friday's ago) I was force fed quite a few shots of jager, tequila, etc... I ended up crashing at my girlfriends, etc., etc. At some point in the night I woke up to make a trip to the bathroom. Apparently (as I've later been informed), I stumbled from the bathroom, wandered through the living room and attempted to get into bed with her roommate. Now, this is embarassing, but if I had been wearing a single shred of clothing, it might have been tolerable. As I attempted to get into bed with this roommate I have met all of ONE time, I was informed that I was in the wrong room...I remember vaguely stumbling back to the correct bed and falling asleep. The next morning the roommate called to ask if I had told her what had happened the night before. Not remembering anything, the roommate then related the story (I could hear the laughter through the phone).

Of course now I have received a new nickname as 'Naked Boy'...<sigh>...my ability to embarass myself knows no bounds. But she (the girlfriend, and maybe even the roommate) still likes me and gives me crap about trying to make a 'move' on everybody in the house while she was passed out... :D
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Taz-- that is too much!! Somehow your avatar means all the more to me now...

Sweet Pear, tell us your gossip. I know there's something crazy going on beneath that black-and-white early Elvis exterior...

PS-- I have no gossip that can be told in even this semi-public place. Either that, or I'm bluffing and have absolutely nothing I could call gossip worthy in my life...
A rope leash

Alcohol

Post by A rope leash »

Yeah, I've used that "I was so drunk" excuse before. O yeah, "I didn't remember a thing...", either!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Taz, are you the type of guy who likes to roam around? Do they call you The Wanderer? :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Luckily I had told my gf stories about my previous sleepwalking 'escapades' before this occurred...otherwise I'm sure it might have been 'off with his head' (and you know what I mean).
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
double dutchess

Post by double dutchess »

Omigod, did you hear about that double dutchess girl? She, like, totally spazzed on the guy she's dating last night!

OK, so she's seeing this guy and all, and everyone knows he's a great catch, but she's like "I refuse to committ to anyone," right? And last night, she went over to his house around midnight after she was out with her best friend. He was already in bed since he has a real job and all, but he invited her over to snuggle. So she goes over there, and they're lying in bed and all (You can all totally stop me if this is, like, TMI), and she comments that he smells nice. He said some girl gave him a backrub with the massage oil they had just bought over the weekend. So, like, she really has no right to get jealous, but of course she does. And she hates herself for it, since she feels like a hypocrite and all, plus, she doesn't want to get too involved. So she suddenly gets all frigid and stuff, and is lying there, wondering why she's suddenly feeling this way, and trying to decide if she should just walk now, since she is totally ready to run at the first sign of trouble. (For such a girly girl, she's an awful lot like a guy sometimes.) So, like, while she's all quiet and stuff, he's wondering whats wrong with her. He asked her if he did something, and of course she said no, since she's too proud to admit that a simple back rub would have this affect on her. Especially since she was the one that was all like "Nothing serious!" So they're both lying there, and she's thinking about her life, and she gets all depressed. She sometimes feels like she's wasting her life and stuff. And she's still all confused and everything about what she wants to do. So, this is where it gets REALLY good. She startes crying and all. And at the first gasping noise, the guy was totally beside her with his arm around her, asking if she was ok. She lied and said yes. But she couldn't keep it up for long, and he was really nice to her, but she wouldn't tell him what was wrong. he was like "did something happen at home? did something happen when you saw jacqui? did something happen with you were out with lesley?" she was like, no. she said it would take too long to explain. he said he'd listen, but she still wouldn't tell him. so eventually they fell asleep, but she woke up at like 3 am and went home. and now she thinks that it might totally be over, since who wants to be with a spazz? and that makes her sad, since she really did like him a lot, probably more than she would ever admit. but just between us, i'm not suprised. That girl always did have a problem with holding on to things worth keeping.
I wasn't born the sharpest thorn
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Personally, I think that DD chick needs to have a heart-to-heart with her heart, and figure out if the crying is cause she loves this guy, or if it's just her ego feeling bruised. If the latter, she and her ego need to find a cozy cottage for a year or two and see if they really like each other as much as they think. If the former, she needs to call up Mr. Massage and spill it, which will be very flattering to him, if not (as I suspect) much much more.

Signed,

Mug Van Buren
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I think you should tell that DD woman that if he likes her as much as she likes him then he will be back despite her thinking she acted like a spazz. I think she should continue seeing him and open up a little and just see where it takes her. At worst she will gain a good friend - at best maybe her soulmate! :D

Course you could always use the pre-menstrual tension bit as an excuse for going ga ga! - after all men blame that on everthing so we might as well take advantage of it!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I refuse to accept that last comment. :twisted:
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

OTIS you KNOW its true!!! As soon as a woman has an emotional outburst a man doesnt understand he says "must be the time of the month"!!! :roll:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I'm goona use Seinfeld and Friends logic here... It can be good when a girl spazzes out on a guy. It gives him hand : "Yeah I leave my dirty underwear on the floor but you spazzed out for no reason and I was cool about it" The guy seemed to care, however, I should point out, I know jackshit about all this stuff...

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
double dutchess

Post by double dutchess »

I thought i was better today. i considered telling him how i felt, if for any reason, just to see what would happen. and he called me to see how i was doing, and to see if i wanted to go out with a him and a friend of his (he first invited me last night before i got weird). and i was in a good mood, i had a productive day off, and i was looking foreward to having a few drinks with him with a possible new perspective.

but on our way to the bar he told me he had to be home by 10 because he was going to see the new terminator movie with his roommate. Now, I know I'm trying not to take this relationshop too seriously. but thats just fucking rude.

I worry that I'm overreacting. but I don't know how to react, especially after last night.

And BTW, Gilli, using that excuse crossed my mind, too. :oops: :wink:
Last edited by double dutchess on Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wasn't born the sharpest thorn
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Double D -

Step back for a couple of days. Mind games are bad.

Like you should listen to me.
shabbydoll

Post by shabbydoll »

I guess everyone starts off trying to be someone they are not in order to impress someone they fancy, but I think it is a very bad idea. If you go emotional once in a while it's best anyone around you knows about it. I myself am erratic as hell, and it's best people know that from the start. I agree that trying to figure out what you really want would be a good step, but that isn't that easy for some people (like me).
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

hmmmm DD..I have some good advice! (totally free).

It's always a good idea to tell the truth and be open about your feelings, however vulnerable you might feel. Give him a chance to be a real human being and be nice!

My girlfriend and I were in the same position, both playing the field, I had a nice stable of girls but was interested in her, the other girls I was seeing had all said that they just wanted to have fun, and so I never took them seriously as a potential partner, I compartmentalized them. She expressed her feelings that she actually liked me and didn't really feel comfortable with me sleeping with other women. I took the hint to heart, and said "hmmm, she's honest, she has feelings, she's in touch and not afraid to say what she's thinking and feeling....AND she's HOT and kinky! weeeeeeeeeeiiiii...I dropped all of the others to focus on her and I, as I thought she was something special and just wanted to give it a chance. It worked...we're now engaged! Her emotional honesty was something I need in a relationship that is going anywhere....she gave me a chance to do the right thing and be a real man..........I took it.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Well, yeah, so DD spazzed out and everything, whatever, but I don't know how much she was really into this boy to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but sometimes just knowing that another girl wants a certain boy is enough to make his capital go soaring sky-high in another girl's eyes. Point: He mentioned the backrub, which either means that it was nothing, that he was trying to throw some jealousy into the mix, or both. Because when there's something shady going on with me, I definitely don't want to arouse anybody's suspicions. Point: He was all concerned, which is sweet.

First decide: Was it the wounded ego, the jealousy, or the fear of losing this boy? Then decide on further action.

Cope: "A stable of girls"? I prefer the term "basket."
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Tnank god I'm no longer a Basket Case........!

And I must add that the description of the young man as a "catch" denotes a genuine interest in something meaningful....! Say it to him....my father always said..."if you don't ask, you never get it"!.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Ran into Sébastien last night. Put on a hugely unconvincing show of being mad, then kissed him and made him promise to call me (oh my God, I just typed "kill me" instead of "call me"). Then I saw a puddle at my feet, and realized it was my backbone, which had somehow melted away. But, as a Swiss woman told me with a sigh just before I moved to France, "French men tell the most beautiful lies."
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Miss BA ..sorry to tell you, but you know what will happen! You will win him back, lure him into the spider's web, then maybe he'll start getting really into you....and THEN...you will lose interest!

The logic behind this gig is that once the "wound" has been opened, the level of trust will maybe never be there....this is about winning! And you will certain win, you little vixen.....you're a woman! :lol:

*how do I know this???? I did it to my ex. girlfriend*......she tried to dis, and she got lured into the web and ditched once she fell for the fatal charme......on the other hand, she deserved it.....because she could not handle a real relationship with real honsety and feelings.....she wanted a "CHALLENGE"......the age old challenge......an illusion instead of reality.
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I don't want to interrupt your incredible stream of gossip but I'd like to interject my apology to any one on the board who I may have put off by bringing up a certain topic.
I was not aware at all of the goings-on on the last two EC sites. A merciful member of this board has just filled me in on all of it. I'm sure it looked like I was taunting you by rambling on about that topic but I truely had no idea that there was some weirdo terrorizing you all.
I must admit that I was a little miffed at my inability to matriculate into the conversation threads but was really more pissed off than disheartened. And not much happier about coming off as a whining baby.

I love Elvis. I really enjoy reading all the posts and that's why I joined.

That's all I wanted to say.

Now on with your gossipping.... :)
I'm not angry anymore....
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

come gossip with us! it's fun! it wastes time!

all of which are wonderful things.