i'm going to be that guy

Pretty self-explanatory
yourheropat

i'm going to be that guy

Post by yourheropat »

okay since i'm here and all, i'm just going to go ahead and do that ass thing that everybody hates, but i'm promoting my band. i feel we have a fairly strong elvis costello influence. but check it out, let me know what you think

http://www.the-rockwells.com

-Patrick
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Pat, Its OK to be that guy, but you might want to move the thread to The Annex (reserved for non-EC stuff). I'll definitely check out your band's site though.
jillbeast

Post by jillbeast »

Ha, is the "for lease" photo a nod to the Attraction's "this Lot for hire" photo? I like how y'all are described, sounds right up my alley! Are you guys playing this weekend? Maybe we can catch you after the Elvis gigs!

I also know an Elvis fan who really is a Rockwell :-), really, it's her last name!

Jill
yourheropat

Post by yourheropat »

haha, purley coincidence. i'm sorry, we won't be playing this weekend.

-Patrick
jillbeast

Rockwells

Post by jillbeast »

Just saw another band named "the Rockwells" that are playing the Hi-Tone in Memphis on April 7th before Elvis plays...now it's a race between your two bands as to who gets signed to the big label first so you can keep the name! Maybe they can be the Rockwells, UK :-)

Jill
yourheropat

Post by yourheropat »

haha, tis true...some of us are going to that show actually to see how bad they suck.

my rockwells 1 - the other rockwells 0

we win

-Patrick
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

the second song sounds like Fountains of Wayne
jillbeast

Post by jillbeast »

I like the first song, it is really long though :-) It's like three of Elvis' earlier songs put together end to end! Epic rock rules though...gimme a nice rocking Queen song or a really long Elton John song any day. I can hear the EC influence in the lyrics of the second song. They're pretty great as far as stringing words together that bring up strong imagery...that's why I liken the lyrics to Elvis. I'm a lyrics and pop hook girl myself.

Jill (who has to stop posting, but cannot because she's too hyped up from getting up at the crack of dawn and drinking a bucket of coffee to try and buy tickets with some clarity!)