Elvis MP3s at SteveNieve.com

Pretty self-explanatory
TheComedian

Elvis MP3s at SteveNieve.com

Post by TheComedian »

Hola!

If you haven't checked out Steve's very cool website beyond the journal, you might want to do so. His 'correspondence' project is an interesting looking open-ended collaboration, sort of an invitation for lyricists. And it includes a couple finished products (Passionate Fight, You Lie Sweetly) with a certain very prominent lyricist. The piano score of You Lie Sweetly is also there if you're into that sorta thing...

see:

http://www.stevenieve.com/correspondence.html
I don't care if I'm right or wrong,
Or if my typewriter can spell.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

At last, an EC-vocal version of Passionate Fight, but it sounds like a practice runthrough -- nowhere near as expressive as Ute Lemper's performance of it on her Punishing Kiss album, because the overbearing piano doesn't let it breathe.

But, thanks for that.
Mr. Misery

Post by Mr. Misery »

While Ute is hard to beat. . . .Gorgeous stuff (vocals as well as piano) much thanks Comedian for directing us to it.
ImageImage
I've had you so many times but somehow I want more.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

It's probably better suited to a woman's voice. I like the night after night after night after night bit in particular on the Ute one, and the playing from about 2.40 onwards...
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

The Comedian-Wonderful I love it. The piano playing is glorious, the vocals are great. A wonderful late night treat. Thank you for siting it.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Off topic:

Lapinsjolis, Mr. Misery and you both have signatures with really interesting artwork. It looks like you (or at least it looks like the slightly unfocused photos you have reluctantly posted of your face). Is it supposed to be you, or is that a coincidence? And is it your work, Mr. Misery's work, or what?

--Curious in Dallas.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

I'll answer! It's Mark Ryden. Pavarotti retired today and perhaps Mr. Misery wanted to express his saddness. Really though we both love Mr. Ryden and I helped with Mr. Misery's signature. I love the far more graphic drawing that may resemble Laughing Crow attacking me! It's under Blood drawings as I can't get a direct link.

http://www.markryden.com/paintings/index.html

The quote is Emily Bronte and very my mood. I did a self protrait as a gift in Ryden style but it hasn't been posted nor is it worthy of Mr. Ryden. Does it clear things up or make it more confusing?
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I understand. I'm not familiar with his work, but the girl in your signature (and Mr. Misery's) does look a bit like you. I think.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Hey...I don't attack ladies! Only with lurve anyway! :lol:
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

Really? I see a mass migration to Scotland.

I've been told I look like a Ryden before, what of Rossetti? (Sigh) I'll err on the side of a compliment.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

hey, i've been trying to get back to scotland. stupid lack of funds.

and lapins, i'm sure it was a compliment. no one could say mean things to you. :)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
lapinsjolis

Post by lapinsjolis »

To Scotland Poppet! You're swell, really. As for mean things some are certainly trying but thanks for being so sweet. :D