My Mood Swings

Pretty self-explanatory
wehitandrun

My Mood Swings

Post by wehitandrun »

I love this song.

I am on a mission to download every version there has ever been. If anybody here has the program "Soulseek", I can let you know of a couple of users who have 100+ elvis videos and many more live shows.

But yes, My Mood Swings... there is something addictive about it. It was definitly my favorite song from lastnight, and I hadnt even heard it.

It's so simple of a song too. I guess it's just really catchy.

Can anybody tell me what it's from?

<3,
s.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

"My Mood Swings" is exclusive to the CD soundtrack to The Big Lebowski. If you've seen the film, it's played in the part of the film where The Dude is listening to his walkman at the doctor.

I'm not sure why it wasn't included as a bonus track on any of the reissues, but I guess it doesn't really fit in anywhere. Great tune though.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

It was also included as an extra track with the U.K. cd single of `45` . A mix of the song with sound elements different ( guitar lines louder or something) also appered on a promo for the original soundtrack release ; it`s `out there` on various boot compilations.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

It was also on the BBC radio 2 Sold on Song programme last year, performed with the Brodskys....sounded ace. So that is available as a boot from the Cafe Paris recording...available wherever you might find it.
Paul B

Post by Paul B »

It's a bit of a Tom Waits/Kurt Weil sounding song, nice and odd, wayward. The version with the Brodskys is probably superior to original, fits with some of the other stuff they've done together.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

WHAR--I heard this song for the first time 10-30-02, at the ryman on the WIWC tour. I loved it then with the Imposters, and I loved it tuesday. With the Brodskys, 3 words: Just Fucking Awesome!!!

and listening to the boot of that lovely evening in october (thank you nameless benefactor!), Elvis introduces the song as one he wrote for and which played a critical role in The Big Lebowski. (If you turn up your DVD surround sound REALLY LOUD). He also disses the Oscar as 'passe.' 8)

**edited for logic. and that other word.
Last edited by mood swung on Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Paul B wrote:The version with the Brodskys is probably superior to original, fits with some of the other stuff they've done together.
Brodskeys Schodskeys.

<3,
s.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Do any of these other versions vary significantly in lyrics or music (structurally) to the The Big Lebowski version? (which is alright, but overall nothing to write home about imho..)
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Welll, the Brodskeys do manage to strip humanity from it...

<3,
s.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

The song did not hold my interest with the Imposters.

With the brodskys....I loved every second. Great song.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I prefer the Lebowski version over the Brodsky's. Though I'm only relying on the Sold On Song webcast from a while back.

I mean it's a rock 'n' roll song! It needs a loud electric guitar and drums!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I take it you're not a fan then WHAR? :)

It's just two versions of the same song.

Some you like, some you don't.

I'm not a big fan of the Brodsky's version.

Another example - Rocking Horse Road. I like both versions.

Each to their own and all that.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I love the Brodskey's version of Pills and Soap. However, I look at them as evil manipulators who stole Evlis's red shoes.

<3,
s.