a funny little story

Pretty self-explanatory
God's Comic

a funny little story

Post by God's Comic »

You guys might want to hear the story of when I was following Elvis on his WIWC tour in 2002, and I saw his concerts in San Diego, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Phoenix, and Santa Fe.
I was trying to get him the music to a classical song that I was absolutely in love with called "The Summons".
I gave it to his merch guy in LA, and he said that he would give it to Elvis within 2 days. Well, when we got to Phoenix, I saw Elvis outside before the Phoenix show, he signed some things as he briskly walked by us fans. After he passed us, I called out to him,
"Hey Elvis! Did you read The Summons???

He stopped, slowely, and deliberately turned around with intensity.
"Do Fuck Off!" he said, with in the most hostile way imaginable.

I was crushed at the time, but I later found out that he had not received my music at that point,
so, as he was going through a divorce at that very time, I estimated that "Have you read 'The Summons'" might have meant something very different to a successful musician.
You Say You Didn't Do it,
But You Know You Did OF COURSE!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Elvis' mood was kind of all over the place on that tour. Interesting story, God's Comic!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
martinfoyle

Re: a funny little story

Post by martinfoyle »

He stopped, slowely, and deliberately turned around with intensity.
"Do Fuck Off!" he said, with in the most hostile way imaginable.
That's more like it! Now if only he would put that sort of attitude into his records.