Elliott Smith Memorial Concert Planned

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

From Billboard.com:

Beck, Bright Eyes and Beth Orton are among the artists who will perform Nov. 3 during a memorial concert for late singer/songwriter Elliott Smith. Set for the Henry Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles, the event will feature performances of only Smith's songs. Also slated to appear are Grandaddy, Radar Bros, Rilo Kiley, Future Pigeon and as-yet-unannounced special guests.

Proceeds from the show will benefit the Elliott Smith Foundation for Abused Children. Tickets are sold out, but donations to the foundation can be sent to The Elliott Smith Foundation, 2658 Griffith Park Blvd., No. 195, Los Angeles CA 90039.

Along with the musical performances, Steve Hanft's Smith documentary "Strange Parallel" will be screened.

Smith, 34, died Oct. 21 after apparently stabbing himself in the heart. According to a source, he did so using a steak knife at his girlfriend's apartment in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angeles.

-- Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
costellopunk

Post by costellopunk »

i don't know if anyone else has commented on elliott smoth's death and i don't feel like looking through all the threads i've missed in my absence. i found out about this last week and i couldn't believe it. i think this is an enormous loss. he was an original sweet voice. his songs were powerful and heartfelt and i can't believe he's gone.
-it takes a long time but god dies too/but not before he sticks it to you-