Vanity Fair (Nov.`03) feature on Elvis `n Diana

Pretty self-explanatory
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

:o

It's a wonder Lennon's music didn't suffer more than it did!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

spooky girlfriend wrote::o

It's a wonder Lennon's music didn't suffer more than it did!
Woman - it's so hard to explain...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Oh, grow up. I think Yoko Ono did some really interesting work as an artist, and if my body looks anything like that when I'm her age, I'll consider myself damn lucky.

As for ridding the world of Britneys: maybe a rule against singing anyone's songs but your own might work.
Elfslut

Post by Elfslut »

miss buenos aires wrote:Oh, grow up. I think Yoko Ono did some really interesting work as an artist, and if my body looks anything like that when I'm her age, I'll consider myself damn lucky.

As for ridding the world of Britneys: maybe a rule against singing anyone's songs but your own might work.

Her work as an "artist" isn't in question...I still don't want to look at her skantily clad..nor do I want to her her sing...

And I think I'd rather look like Eartha Kitt myself.... or Chita Rivera..at that age..
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Maybe I'm just grumpy from pain, but I think it's a pretty interesting piece about celebrity and its combination of vanity and vulnerability.

And if I look that decent semi-clothed at her age, I'll be very, very grateful.

Oh, now I see MBA's post below (above once I've hit post). See, we Jersey girls are so sensible.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Yeah...Yoko Ono rules!

The lady is an important part of musical history and a talented artist to boot, plus she gave peace a chance.

Number nine!
Elfslut

Post by Elfslut »

laughingcrow wrote:Yeah...Yoko Ono rules!

The lady is an important part of musical history and a talented artist to boot, plus she gave peace a chance.

Number nine!
Not in my book..I've never much cared for her...

I'll grant that she's done well as an inspiration for some of Lennon's greatest songs..and keeping his memory alive in a respectful manner..

But something about her never sat right with me.