UK Tour June 1983

Pretty self-explanatory
stormwarning

Re: UK Tour June 1983

Post by stormwarning »

I was at the Loughborough June 83 show, I was a student there at the time. I had a ticket stub and Lufbra "Ents" poster but they got lost in one on my many house moves, along with a comprehensive collection of 80's tickets stubs and concert posters.

The first part of the show pretty much mirrored the IB 82 tour, but the latter section introduced the TKO Horns and covered a lot of PTC and, joy of joys, Get Happy.

It was my first EC show so is one of my fondest memories, and bizarrely I got the tickets on the same day that my Bowie Serious Moonlight tickets arrived in the post. It was a very special day for me.
Where's North from 'ere?
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

[quote="verbal gymnastics"]I think the Camden show was for Capital's Help a London Child.

Thanks I knew it was something to do with Capital.

Was this the tour when he played a load of 'discos' certainly in London
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I think he played three consecutive nights in the North, South and West of London, Hammersmith (W), Tottenham (N) and Streatham (S), in October 1983 - probably got all three shows recorded if memory serves me right ! The Capitol radio show was broadcast and I've got both the FM and an audience recording too.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

The Palais on the Monday
Cat Whiskers Streatham
The Tottenham Royal or Royale.
I went to the three. Those were the days. He did do a different set every night if I remember rightly.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Never managed any 1983 shows so I'm soooo jealous :cry:
My second show was 1981 and then nothing until 1984 - I still feel as if I missed a golden period of Elvis' performances