MAIT HMV box edition

Pretty self-explanatory
krm

MAIT HMV box edition

Post by krm »

I only have vague memories of this release.
http://www.tradera.com/ELVIS-COSTELLO-m ... _122964777

Can someone here give some info about this one? Why was it released? The booklet looks interesting....
Mikeh

Re: MAIT HMV box edition

Post by Mikeh »

I remember this. HMV released some classic albums on CD but in an LP sized box. The idea was that people could get the sound and convenience of CD but retain all the artwork of an LP sleeve.

I, foolishly, thought it was the future when I saw them in the mid 80s. But the idea didn't catch on.

I spent my teenage years poring over LP sleeves, credits and artwork, and I can barely read anything on CD sleeves now!

I never bought the HMV MAIT so I have no idea what the booklet was like.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Mikeh wrote:I never bought the HMV MAIT so I have no idea what the booklet was like.
Calling Mr Foyle :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
The Gentleman

Post by The Gentleman »

I remember they started out with The Beatles catalog (I believe at the same time the various Beatles albums were first being released on CD). These sets were highly sought after by collectors and commanded high after-market price tags. I think the concept exhausted it's potential pretty soon after they branched out into other artists. But I'd certainly snatch this up if I saw it at a good price (though it's hard to say what I'd consider a good price at this point, but at least MAIT is the Demon edition and not the awful Columbia mastering).
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

...Ooh-er - I pulled out my MAIT vinyls-CDs and MAIT in DPAM BOX1 2 1/2 Years(1st 3 albums on CD with free El Mocambo CD in LP-sized box/16 pp colour pic booklet and realized this is nothing to do with this post - sorry ... good luck in quest-solution ...
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
krm

Post by krm »

For those with a very thick wallet:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=476578