Mediafire Down

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Mediafire Down

Post by DrSpooky »

Hi,

I noticed mediafire.com is down today and can't find any official news. I found some sites claiming there was a long term problem -- like shutdown for good. Any ideas?

Thanks.
migdd

Re: Mediafire Down

Post by migdd »

Many reports (some on this forum) that Mediafire was a haven for viruses. Don't know if that has anything to do with it being down for the count, though.
EarlManchester

Post by EarlManchester »

DrSpooky wrote: I noticed mediafire.com is down today and can't find any official news. I found some sites claiming there was a long term problem -- like shutdown for good. Any ideas?
In my experience, it's not unusual for it to be unavailable for a few hours from time to time.

It seems to be fine now.
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

EarlManchester wrote:In my experience, it's not unusual for it to be unavailable for a few hours from time to time.

It seems to be fine now.
Ironically I had a few files that were not EC related and were too big to email. This was the first time I had ever used it to host anything for me. And it went down very soon after I sent the link. Murphy's Law strikes again.

Thanks.