Who had a shiity day? Me!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Ypsilanti

Who had a shiity day? Me!

Post by Ypsilanti »

So I've been meaning to mention how much fun and good exercise I've been having since I learned to ride a Trikke. http://www.trikke.com/Trikke-Video

Seriously, this has been life-changing. Can't tell you how much I love it. Husband & I do between 3 and 6 miles daily. It's like biking & skiing & rollerblading combined. It's super fun! I've always been way too much of a nerd for sports, so I'm really proud of myself for learning how to Trikke. I have a whole bunch of actual muscles now and the level of fun is totally off the charts.

Until today. We were coming back from a vigorous ride when I hit a spot of uneven, shifted pavement. The Trikke stopped dead, but I kept going. I landed, face first, on a manhole cover. My teeth are smashed, my face is all scraped up and swollen, my wrist is possibly broken (X-ray? Inconclusive.) and my knees are a nightmare.

I'm on a strict program of Bourbon & Vicodan, but I have to say: I feel like ass.
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
pophead2k

Re: Who had a shiity day? Me!

Post by pophead2k »

Yikes! Sorry to hear about this. Keep the bourbon and vicodin in the proper balance!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

What awful news. Take care.
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Thanks, you guys.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

teeth smashed!? i can't even think about that. yeah, go easy on the bourbon or you'll wake up dead.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Yeah. No more bourbon. I'm good. My mouth finally quit bleeding, so that's a plus. I'm too chicken to look at my teeth, though. I'm afraid to even feel them with my tongue. There are many trips to the dentist in my future.
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Ouch!! I cannot imagine how that must feel-hope all heals and is reparable-can only echo other postings and urge caution with the alchohol and narcotics.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Thanks, everybody.
I feel I should explain about the Vicodan...I'm generally a pretty cautious person about such things, but there's something about pain meds--they don't agree with me. They always make me barf unless I have a little drink with them. I have no idea why. Anyway, I thought the bourbon might have some disinfectant properties as well, since I'm not going to be able to brush my teeth for God knows how long. And I admit, I was pretty overwhelmed and horrified by the whole experience.

Today I'm just taking plain aspirin. I'm doing OK. Remember when you were a kid and you flew over the handlebars of your bike and it was no big deal? LOL!

One reason I like Elvis is his gapped teeth. I have (or had, rather) gapped teeth, too. Now, I don't know--whatever kind of new fake teeth I end up with, I hope I don't have to give up my gap. I won't look like myself.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Well, if that happened to me, I'd be doing fistfuls of each! I hope you get back on your Trikke as soon as possible. They do look cool.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

That sounds awfully painful! Enjoy the pain relievers and take good care of yourself. Get well soon!!
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

Thanks. I'm coming along OK. I went back to work yesterday. I have plenty of bruises and scabs, but I'm grateful it wasn't worse. For example, it's kind of amazing that I didn't break my nose. I still can't bear to look at my teeth, though.

I got back on the Trikke yesterday as a test to see if I was going to be all freaked-out and afraid of it. I went up and down my street and it was OK. That's huge, because I would hate to give up the Trikke. It really is the most fun and the best exercise.