Elvis on Frank Skinner Sunday 12th

Pretty self-explanatory
Otis Westinghouse

Elvis on Frank Skinner Sunday 12th

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

In honour of birhtday girl Plaything, Frankie Skinner will have, it would appear, Elvis on his show tomorrow evening. should be a more interesting interview than Britney Spears, anyway. haven't seen a TV listing, but assume this booking still holds.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Skinner is a big EC fan which is why EC did Fantasy Football League a few years back. And I saw Skinner do Oliver's Army on Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes once. Jesus wept. I bet they'll show a clip of it to EC.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I'm dreading this, Skinner used to be quite funny (and some of his stand up still is) but he also seems to have turned himself into a media luvvie (should get on well with EC then!!) and some his interviews are as cringeful as DesO.
signed with love and vicious kisses
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

According to my Guardian tv guide, this show is on in most ITV regions at 10:30pm on monday Oct 13th. Not that I care much, it'll be probably as awful as that appearance on Johnny Vaughan's show last year.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Fantasy Football good. Frank Skinner show bad.

Please can he not sing, please can he not sing, please can he not sing, please can he not sing, please can he not sing, please can he not sing, please can he not sing, please can he not sing, please can he not sing.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Remember this is on tonight all you members from this sceptred isle....

please can frank not sing...ad infinitum
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Yeah, Otis change the title of this thread! It would've been another nice birthday treat if this was on yersterday. Wonder if EC will join in on a stupid songs Frank sings at the end? No, he can't do! He's far too sophisticated for that.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I can tape this, and probably do a transcript, but it might not be for a few days 'cos my finches have started laying eggs earlier than expected..so Ive gotta be in the lab a LOT...dagnabbit.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

It was pretty standard stuff really, except Elvis claimed not to know who David Blaine was...and Skinner said he heard a fan saying he hoped that Elvis/Krall thing screwed up so he could write bitter stuff again. :shock:

EC said something like ''that's a pretty distorted way of looking at something''.

At the end, Frank Skinner started singing a bad song by the Darkness, dressed in a leotard....I left the room.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

That was very funny. Where did the clip of EC with the beard come from? Has anyone got any good EC stuff on video? We should encode some stuff and put it up on t'internet.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
John

Post by John »

Must have been on earlier in Scotland.
Elvis claimed to have 5 albums in mind when asked what he may do next.
They showed some amusing clips:-
1. singing Peace In Our Time on breakfast television.
2. singing PL&U (I think) on TFI Friday.
3. very strange looking Elvis with horrendous beard, don't know song or show. Someone please advise.
It was as much of the alphabet as I knew how to use.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Where did the clip of EC with the beard come from?
From the This Is Your Life done for Joe Loss around 1990.
The appearance was harmless enough, Elvis's looked kind of tired and not really up to Skinner's Maxim type behaviour, though Elvis dealt with him very effectively. It's a pity Graham Norton is off air at the moment, now that would be an interview/appearance worth watching.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Horrible suit tho...
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

...Plus a clip of EC hosting Letterman. But no Stars in Their Eyes. Frank did show a picture of himself c.1981 wearing an EC badge.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

The beard clip, where EC sings "Georgia.... Georgia" looks older than 1990, I could be wrong. I'd say 1985. And I've just realised that Happy Gilmore came on after the show.

"I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
"You eat shit for breakfast?"

I'm guessing everyone here hates Adam Sandler.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Third post in a row!

God bless you internet...

This is Your Life
Series 12
Episode 283
Joe Loss
15 October 1980
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/5144/life8081.html

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
Otis Westinghouse

Is it common knowledge that Elv grew a beard in 1980 that looked, as Frank put it, like it was sliding off his face, or, as Elvis put it, like Rolf Harris. It was bizarrely full and low slung. Remarkable really. And Elv was right in saying that the ludicrous beard Frank had in 1981 or whatever was like the one he had 10 years later. Good clips, worth taping for that alone. Yes that was P, L & U on Chris Evans, and the Frank Bough moment was very funny. It all got very tedious with the David Blaine/tigers in Manhattan stuff, but it was impressive that Elv had no idea who Blaine was. Suit was standard Elvis black, but that purple tie was rather lovely. And the Letterman clip was a laugh. I want to see that whole show now!

Did anyone spot Skinner on Saturday? And the member of the 'Elvis Costello army' in the bar afterwards who would rather have him unhappy is a total tosser.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Do you think the David Blaine thing was a lie? to make us think he's all cool and sophisticated.

I mean even New Scientist and the FT have done articles on that sodding bloke in a box.
Otis Westinghouse

Nope, I'm sure he genuinely didn't have a clue. He's been focussing on the music bless 'im!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Don't watch Happy Gilmore, DrJ, watch Carry On Behind!

The Frank Bough clip was funny. Only he would read his script and take no interest in EC singing and playing the guitar. Always was a wanker. Dang, I missed the dodgy beard :x . Otis - I really hope you catch the Letterman/Costello show some time. Seeing the very funny "Art Of The Female Orgasm" clip again, I wish I'd taped it now.
Otis Westinghouse

PlaythingOrPet wrote: Dang, I missed the dodgy beard
That means you left the room during an Elvis interview! Sacrilege! Or was the luire of Carry On Behind too much? Serves you right, time to develop some wisdom now you've reached that ripe old age!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Yeah, I made a cup of tea. You know, what with me being 24, thus an old-timer. :wink:
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Where did the clip of EC with the beard come from?
From the This Is Your Life done for Joe Loss around 1990
I stand corrected.
It was
1985-10-12 Interview & with Ross MacManus "Saturday Review", BBC 2
http://www.elviscostello.info/gigography/tv_77-89.php
which had a feature on Joe Loss. Ross and Declan MacManus dueted on Georgia On My Mind.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Is it common knowledge that Elv grew a beard in 1980 that looked, as Frank put it, like it was sliding off his face
<-- Did it look like this? This is a bit later (from the PTC booklet). He looks quite the pastoral lad.
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

It was a lot longer than that and looked ridiculous!
Four eyes - one vision