EC & The Imposters - Bilbao, Palacio Euskalduna June 7, 2005

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
The imposter

EC & The Imposters - Bilbao, Palacio Euskalduna June 7, 2005

Post by The imposter »

Elvis Costello & The Imposters
Bilbao - Palacio Euskalduna
June 7, 2005

Audience recording
Recorded on unknown digital recorder
Flac converted to Wav + track separation
See info below

cd 1

01. Intro (Double Barrel )
02. Welcome To The Working Week
03. Uncomplicated
04. Clown Strike
05. 45
06. Country Darkness
07. Bedlam
08. Needle Time
09. Rocking Horse Road
10. Brilliant Mistake
11. Either Side Of The Same Town
12. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
13. Episode Of Blonde
14. Clubland
15. Toledo
16. Still
17. Indoor Fireworks

Total - 71m 45s

cd 2

18. Almost Blue
19. Kinder Murder
20. In The Darkest Place
21. When I Was Cruel No. 2
22. Watching The Detectives
23. The Delivery Man / The Butcher's Boy
24. Monkey To Man
25. Don't Lose Your Grip On Love
26. Alison / Suspicious Minds
27. Crowd
28. Mystery Dance
29. Why Don't You Love Me (Like You Used To Do)?
30. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
31. Radio, Radio
32. God Give Me Strength
33. Pump It Up
34. The Scarlet Tide
35. Band Introductions / Goodnight / Crowd

Total - 75m 56s

I initially intended to post this on dime, on it's 4th anniversary...but after seeking advice from moderators, I only received warnings about losing ratio, downloading privelidges, accepted formats, NABs & NAVs etc etc. So worried about threatening my “status” I thought better of it & decided to offer it as a trade here.

While I cannot be sure of the lineage for this recording, it is lossless, complete and I feel it is suitable for torrent. Hopefully someone with more “nous” or “savvy” will be able to convert this into a torrent, upload it soon and share it freely in the spirit in which it is intended. In terms of sound quality, most collectors, to my ears, would give it a B rating.

Here are my intended notes for the info file

Rather a strange history behind this one. A friend of mine recorded this on some kind of digital recorder. When I asked him about this, he remained embarassed about the poor recording quality and chatter that can be heard on some tracks.It took me about a year to prise it away from him. Another friend of mine took care of track separation & minor editing.
After listening to it now, I've certainly heard worse and I feel only the last 3 or 4 songs suffer from the dancing, singing and general over exuberence of the crowd. Besides which , this has NEVER circulated and deserves to be heard.

On this tour, The Imposters tended to play a 2 hour+ set without encores and Elvis mentioned in his web notes that Bilbao was one of the best new venues he'd played that year.The Imposters are certainly on top form as they rip through a wonderfully varied set and Elvis & the guys were around for a bit after the show chatting & posing for photos etc.I have a stack of photos from the gig and backstage, some of which is used for the artwork included.

This was also the tour where Elvis would regularly pull a girl out of the crowd and change places with them, playing from the front row.On this ocassion, the girls were a little too shy (perhaps misunderstanding Elvis' motives) and so a guy named "Alfonso" had the pleasure of hearing a re-named "Alison" dedicated to him.

If interested in this, please pm me with a Costello trade list and I will snail mail a few copies of this in 2cd WAV format. in exchange for something from your list.
The imposter

Re: EC & The Imposters - Bilbao, Palacio Euskalduna June 7, 2005

Post by The imposter »

I finally uploaded it here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8bbd ... f91ea187e8

Enjoy... :D
EarlManchester

Post by EarlManchester »

THANKS!
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

thanks ever so much. we yanks in yankland can never get on dime. media fire always seems to work.