Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Re: Wake up you footy fans!!!

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

He got lucky. Respect to Fergie for playing the B team in the semi, shame the buggers didn't score. united were far superior for almost the entire game. So, quadruple not quintuple...
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:He got lucky. Respect to Fergie for playing the B team in the semi, shame the buggers didn't score. united were far superior for almost the entire game. So, quadruple not quintuple...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh God, my sides. Fergie should be respected for treating the FA Cup like some tin pot tournament! LOL
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Glad to please! Well it's hardly the first time, now is it? And you know, most of that team could be Utd's first team in a couple of years. Shame that they didn't break through and score, there was some real talent there. When the fictures are thick and fast and the injury scenario isn't quite as bad as it has been (though apparently Rooney's foot may be serious, again), why shouldn't he rest some A teamers for the Prem game? we've been off-form, we need to hold on. If Welbeck had been given that penalty, which was at the very least borderline, with more pushing over than not, then we'd all be saying, 'wow, he took a gamble and it paid off'. Actually, sweeter still would have been Anderson's decent shot giving him his first ever goal. there were hardly any shots on goal in 120 mins.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Glad to please! Well it's hardly the first time, now is it? And you know, most of that team could be Utd's first team in a couple of years. Shame that they didn't break through and score, there was some real talent there. When the fictures are thick and fast and the injury scenario isn't quite as bad as it has been (though apparently Rooney's foot may be serious, again), why shouldn't he rest some A teamers for the Prem game? we've been off-form, we need to hold on. If Welbeck had been given that penalty, which was at the very least borderline, with more pushing over than not, then we'd all be saying, 'wow, he took a gamble and it paid off'. Actually, sweeter still would have been Anderson's decent shot giving him his first ever goal. there were hardly any shots on goal in 120 mins.
Riley did have (another) shocker. It looked like a penalty to me too. Chinless dweeb.

Oh well.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
Otis Westinghouse wrote:Glad to please! Well it's hardly the first time, now is it? And you know, most of that team could be Utd's first team in a couple of years. Shame that they didn't break through and score, there was some real talent there. When the fictures are thick and fast and the injury scenario isn't quite as bad as it has been (though apparently Rooney's foot may be serious, again), why shouldn't he rest some A teamers for the Prem game? we've been off-form, we need to hold on. If Welbeck had been given that penalty, which was at the very least borderline, with more pushing over than not, then we'd all be saying, 'wow, he took a gamble and it paid off'. Actually, sweeter still would have been Anderson's decent shot giving him his first ever goal. there were hardly any shots on goal in 120 mins.
Riley did have (another) shocker. It looked like a penalty to me too. Chinless dweeb.

Oh well.

How Joe Royle and Jim Beglin thought it was not a penalty I'll never know?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

BTW any chance that our old friend laughingcrow might make an appearance now that Wolves have been promoted?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Anyone wanna listen to me babble about soccer?

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/All-Things ... sode-Three
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

The scumbag Chelsea all arseholes together club!
signed with love and vicious kisses
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

What an awesome game at Anfield !!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Otis Westinghouse

Unbelievable! Liverpool have gone mental. Letting in 11 goals in 3 games.

Easy 2-0 for the Champions to be.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:The scumbag Chelsea all arseholes together club!
Host is actually a Tottenham fan, but never mind.
Otis Westinghouse

All over in a matter of minutes against piss-poor Arsenal. Nonsense sending off. three class goals, though 12 year old Gibbs gifting Park the first was a joke. Nice to see Ronaldo rub Arsene's nose in it.. Can't wait to beat whoever pulls it off tomorrow, hopefully Barça.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I shall have my Barca flag out of the window tonight....and again on night of the final...hopefully!

None of this misplaced patriotism bollox for me! :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:I shall have my Barca flag out of the window tonight....and again on night of the final...hopefully!

None of this misplaced patriotism bollox for me! :lol:
Your new avatar is apt!

Come on Chelsea!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

:lol: :lol:

I don't think I could face another Chelsea/Man Utd final.

Has that ever happened before? Proves that Platini's fears are well founded and that the 'big four' axis of evil is taking over the world. Not that Arse and Pool can really claim to be anything other than 'big losers' . Arse haven't won anything since Herbie Chapman was in charge.
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Sorry WSS but that has to rank as one of the funniest ends to a match I have ever seen. I particulalry enjoyed watching Dogbreath complaining about injustice and Chelsea players and fans moaning about Barca timewasting. Oh how the chickens have come home to roost! Karma my friends....true Karma.

Even better was the latest episode of Souness baits Pretty Boy Redknapp....you know the guy,,,the one who can NEVER EVER analyse a match objectively...esp when his cousin Lamps is playing (and I include his analysis of matches involving my own club in that). He is so out of his depth and he just sulks like a little boy whenever anyone disagrees with him. Gotta love it.

As for the final, I fancy it may be rather more exciting affair than last year's dullathon.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Nice one Iniesta! Thought Chelsea had done the necessary. Barça sounding very tame.

Man Utd can win this for sure. Bring on the 27th.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Sorry WSS but that has to rank as one of the funniest ends to a match I have ever seen. I particulalry enjoyed watching Dogbreath complaining about injustice and Chelsea players and fans moaning about Barca timewasting. Oh how the chickens have come home to roost! Karma my friends....true Karma.

Even better was the latest episode of Souness baits Pretty Boy Redknapp....you know the guy,,,the one who can NEVER EVER analyse a match objectively...esp when his cousin Lamps is playing (and I include his analysis of matches involving my own club in that). He is so out of his depth and he just sulks like a little boy whenever anyone disagrees with him. Gotta love it.

As for the final, I fancy it may be rather more exciting affair than last year's dullathon.
Must... control... myself...

I am not one to whine about refs, but this guy took the cake. This is really the best they have? Fucking awful performance.

Another bitter pill.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

No getting away from the fact that the ref was poor. Not sure that I agree with all the penalty claims, but the first handball shout was clearly a pen......most bizarre...but still hugely entertaining. 8)
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

The worst decision though was the sending off of Abidal - don't hear the Chelsea sheep bleating about that one. The ref must have been aware of Chelsea's cheating reputation, they cry wolf once too often. Maybe if they stop cheating all the time they will get some respect from refs and some sympathy when they get the occasional bad decision (imo none of the decisions were as bad as decisions you see every week in the prem etc.) . I thought the ref on Tuesday was worse (not that anything he did would have affected the result).
signed with love and vicious kisses
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:The worst decision though was the sending off of Abidal - don't hear the Chelsea sheep bleating about that one. The ref must have been aware of Chelsea's cheating reputation, they cry wolf once too often. Maybe if they stop cheating all the time they will get some respect from refs and some sympathy when they get the occasional bad decision (imo none of the decisions were as bad as decisions you see every week in the prem etc.) . I thought the ref on Tuesday was worse (not that anything he did would have affected the result).
Fuck off. Arsenal were fucking dire. Boys against men.
Last edited by Who Shot Sam? on Thu May 07, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:No getting away from the fact that the ref was poor. Not sure that I agree with all the penalty claims, but the first handball shout was clearly a pen......most bizarre...but still hugely entertaining. 8)
Two of them were clear penalties - Alves' rugby tackle on Malouda and the Pique handball. Drogs getting dragged down was debatable. Glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully your team will be on the end of some diabolical refereeing and we can all have a hearty laugh about it.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
Jackson Monk wrote:No getting away from the fact that the ref was poor. Not sure that I agree with all the penalty claims, but the first handball shout was clearly a pen......most bizarre...but still hugely entertaining. 8)
Two of them were clear penalties - Alves' rugby tackle on Malouda and the Pique handball. Drogs getting dragged down was debatable. Glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully your team will be on the end of some diabolical refereeing and we can all have a hearty laugh about it.
Good point. I still can't look back on the FA Cup q/f replay at WHL in 2007 and laugh about the way your whining bunch of mercenaries conned the ref all night...esp Doggy who spent the last 20 mins wasting time and diving around like Nijinsky. The man is the biggest disgrace to ever play in the premiership....with the possible exceptions of Joey Barton, Craig Bellamy and Lee Bowyer.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Rome here we come!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Rome here we come!
God help me, but I'll be hoping you win, despite your general dickishness toward Chelsea.

Sick of these overrated show ponies and their God of football bullshit. Cheating bastards and their bent refs. Good luck.