Radio Radio lyrics

Pretty self-explanatory
RayInChicago

Radio Radio lyrics

Post by RayInChicago »

Hi. I'm looking for the true lyrics to the song "Radio Radio." There's one line in particular. "You either shut up or get cut up." or "You either shut up or get cut out." I've tried finding the lyrics using Google, and I have found both versions. It sure sounds like "cut out" when I listen to it though. Does anybody have any "official" lyrics, like from an album jacket or something?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm going to sing it at karaoke tomorrow (Friday) night, and I want to make sure I sing it right. I don't necessarily trust the video screen.

Thanks,

Ray
Who Shot Sam?

Re: Radio Radio lyrics

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

RayInChicago wrote:Hi. I'm looking for the true lyrics to the song "Radio Radio." There's one line in particular. "You either shut up or get cut up." or "You either shut up or get cut out." I've tried finding the lyrics using Google, and I have found both versions. It sure sounds like "cut out" when I listen to it though. Does anybody have any "official" lyrics, like from an album jacket or something?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm going to sing it at karaoke tomorrow (Friday) night, and I want to make sure I sing it right. I don't necessarily trust the video screen.

Thanks,

Ray
I've always understood it to be, ""You either shut up or get cut up..."

The online bible of EC-dom, the Elvis Costello Home Page, agrees. Best of luck with your karaoke. :D
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

I've always considered it to be "cut out".
( Inches on the reel to reel...)
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

Well the song's all about radio airplay as I always assumed. So I imagine it's cut OFF. as in being "cut off" when you're speaking on the telephone or cut off from the camera or whatever recording device is being used. (It's only inches on the reel to reel) Actually ..I've just realised that cut OUT would also make sense too.. as in edited OUT of a broadcast.

What the hell.. Phrasal verbs..pah

Just had to listen again and it's most definitely ...CUT OUT
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Me, I've always sung it "cut up".
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
jmm

Post by jmm »

I always thought it was "cut out" as in deleted from the active catalog due to lack of airplay
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
RayInChicago

Post by RayInChicago »

Thanks for the responses. I got a mixture here. Turned out to be a moot point. I went to the karaoke bar with my friends last night, a place that supposedly has the largest selection of karaoke songs, and they didn't have "Radio Radio!" They supposedly have everything, but not that song. Oh well.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Next time you should bring your own CD.

Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

RayInChicago wrote:Thanks for the responses. I got a mixture here. Turned out to be a moot point. I went to the karaoke bar with my friends last night, a place that supposedly has the largest selection of karaoke songs, and they didn't have "Radio Radio!" They supposedly have everything, but not that song. Oh well.
So what did you do instead?
RayInChicago

Post by RayInChicago »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:So what did you do instead?
Well, I wasn't planning on only singing the one song. I ended up singing three songs. (We were there for several hours.)

I sang "It's still Rock and Roll to me" by Billy Joel, "Crocodile Rock" By Elton John, and "Burning Love" by the other Elvis.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

My wife used to work with a guy who could do Pat Benatar's "Love is a Battlefield" as Bob Dylan. Man, was it good!