Delaney Bramlett: The Death of a Southern Legend

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.swampland.com/posts/view/tit ... ern_legend

Buffalo
writes -

It with a heavy heart that I post the sad news of the passing of a Southern Music Legend. The great Delaney Bramlett has lost his fight against the forces of declining health, and has passed on. Fittingly, I first received news from his former wife and partner, and my friend, Bonnie Bramlett.

“My heart is broken. This morning my soul mate,the father of my children,and my Partner in Musical History crossed over into the Light. Delaney Bramlett has left the building. Long Live the King. -Bonnie Bramlett.”

Delaney’s wife Susan had posted the following statement to his website yesterday.

“Friday, December 26, 2008

We've made so many wonderful friends who've invested time, prayers & so much support over the last 7 months, I think I would feel somewhat guilty if I didn't share the truth as we continue our struggle. Christmas Day has not been all that either of us had hoped. Delaney continued to digress during the day & had to return to the ICU this evening. I admit it was impossible for me to keep it together as this team of uniformed professionals wheeled him out of the room leaving me all alone to pack up our unopened gifts, and other belongings (as none of these things can be in the ICU, of course).

After returning all the stuff back to the car, I was allowed to be in his room for only a few minutes. These doctors are truly amazing and working so hard to keep Delaney here. Many of you have commented that he has more music to share with the world. A few days ago, when we were able to be moved to "the floor", the only thing he had asked me to bring to him from home was his guitar & amp. Yesterday, Christmas Eve, he picked & sang for about 30 minutes. In as weakened a state as he was, he was amazing. His passion for his music is truly cellular and there really is so much left for him to do....so tonight, once again, we continue to need your prayers for both of us to have the strength to keep on going.

Blessings to you all.
Susan”

Further details will be forthcoming as we receive them. It is truly a sad day in Southern Music history, and the world or rock and soul as a whole. Our hearts go out to Susan, to Sweet Bonnie and all the kids. The Swampland flag will remain at half mast for some time to come.

Keep it Real. Keep it Southern.
God Bless You Delaney. See You in The Light.

Buffalo