New TV show: "Spectacle: Elvis Costello with ..."

Pretty self-explanatory
Otis Westinghouse

Re: New TV show: "Spectacle: Elvis Costello with ..."

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Thank God I got some Italian sun this summer. If I only had the English one to go by, I'd be even SADder than the considerable SAD I am right now.
Last edited by Otis Westinghouse on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.persistentcookie.com/blog/20 ... -with.html

Aw, hell's bells, I have no idea what anybody's gonna sing, but it's Elvis Costello! With Rufus Wainwright! And Renee Fleming! Being filmed for the Sundance Channel, so you can watch it sometime in December, apparently.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://sarahbsadventures.blogspot.com/

This blogger has this -

9/8 - Taping of Spectacle with Elvis Costello, Renee Fleming, Rufus Wainwright and Bill Frisell at the Apollo
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

For those who are going to the tapings - do tell all when you get back! V interested to hear how it's going.
always dancing

Post by always dancing »

I have a ticket for Elton and Elvis Wed during the day. I got that email Thr. and that email was clear. I than got an email late last night about the Rufus taping first saying I had a ticket and maybe one for a guest. I than got one saying "sorry no tickets left". These emails were not clear. I tired to write them back to see if I had one ticket, 2 tickets or none and got no reply. If anyone is going to either please let me know. Is anyone confused like me? Of course I don't mean a regular state of mind.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I trust John Foyle will determine within seconds whether this one is true. An anonymous commenter at brooklynvegan.com claims an episode with Jenny Lewis and She & Him will tape Tuesday.
jenny will be with she and him and others to tape one of elvis costellos new shows for sundance channel at the apollo on tuesday fyi.
always dancing

Post by always dancing »

I just spent some time reading posts on Rufus' message board. Those fans are besides themselves about Monday night. Sounds like they haven't seen him in awhile. So I guess this thing is really happening. I will just call the Apollo before leaving to make sure my ticket is there. Any place near the Apollo to pick up a quick bite to eat? Anyone going? I think Elvis fans may need protection from the Rufus and opera fans. (joke)
And No Coffee Table

And No Coffee Table wrote:I trust John Foyle will determine within seconds whether this one is true. An anonymous commenter at brooklynvegan.com claims an episode with Jenny Lewis and She & Him will tape Tuesday.
Guess so.
Hello!

She & Him are going to be a part of a very special event in New York City tomorrow night (September 9th, 2008) at The Apollo Theatre. If you would like to attend this show, please send an email to info@zeitgeistmanagement.com

The first 30 names submitted will be sent a confirmation email with all pertinent details.Please only respond if you can actually attend as this performance will be filmed and all the seats must be filled.

SPECTACLE:
ELVIS COSTELLO WITH……Jakob Dylan, Jenny Lewis and She & Him

235 West 125th Street
New York, NY 10027

DATE:
Tuesday, September 9th, 2008

TIME:
Doors open at 6:45 PM
Doors close promptly at 7:30 PM
No admittance after 7:30 PM (No Exceptions)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://boards.rufuswainwright.com/showf ... Post616166

Just back from an incredible evening at the apollo!

yes indeed, many folks here (at least the ones i know) were, with me, in row S near the back and before it started the ushers allowed us to fill in seats - I ended up being about 6th row center.

Elvis Costello came out, and did a song for the audience to warm them up (all this useless beauty)

he then brought out jazz guitar great bill frisell, and together they did an amazing version of the great harold arlen/yip harburg song from wizard of oz 'if i only had a brain'.

he then introduced Rufus, and they sat on chairs talking about a wide range of subjects, including , of course, rufus' family, how he views being a songwriter, lyrics, opera, his appreciation of his father's work (which was really gratifying for me to hear as I'm a longtime fan of loudon's huge catalog of songs). They talked about jeff buckley and rufus moved over to the piano and did most of 'memphis skyline' (he stopped near the end and said 'thats as much as i remember!) He was in fine voice, although there was a reference later to him running a temperature.
Rufus also sang 'vibrate'- nice version.
Rufus also sang a Berliotz aria (with someone else playing the piano) that was wonderful.

Elvis then introduced Renee Fleming, an opera singer who is known as well for doin all sorts of other music. They talked about opera, told some funny stories of opera productions bone bad, etc etc.

then elvis brought rufus back with renee fleming-- and renee did a jazz standard song with bill frisell, and then a suprise guest- kate mcgarricle. The entire quartet (backed up by bill frisell and the piano player) did two traditional songs (I'm forgetting the first one, the second was 'in the pines' before closing with an elvis costello song called 'the scarlet tide'

there were some amusing moments where they had to do a retake of a song or two, or re-do the introduction... and it was great to see the creative process at work, having them all learn the harmonies on the spot to 'in the pines' for example.... and the apollo theater is small, much smaller then I thought it would be.

great evening! ( and big thanks to joan for letting me know 'bout this, too!)

mike s
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Thanks for this John. Clearly they've decided the one guest per show is stretching it. Or maybe they'll intersperse multi-guest eps with 'specials' featuring one artist.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://limbolinda.livejournal.com/32052.html

But once we get in, it was lovely. We actually went in a little before we got our ticket because we had to use the restroom and heard Rufus during sound check. His voice echo's around EVERYWHERE.
So back to after waiting an hour, We got in. The place was actually small...ish?
It's good even if you're in the very back. I still found a way of getting Marie and i closer to the stage cause of course rowQ isn't close enough for linda. Since it was televised and there where open spots near the front and doors where closing soon we grabbed seats on the left side 3-4 rows from the stage.
I must say, i REALLY cannot wait to hear..see...experiance Rufus' opera. Renee Flemings [a lovely opera singer who was a guest as well] gave a beautiful review from what she's heard for being asked to play a part. "The melodies...Really stick and follow you. It's just lovely and beautifully arranged" Something to that sense, definitely not her words for sure. His opera sounds like it's much like his music really. Very well arranged and catchy...in a less commercial yet intriguing way.
We did some funny fake applauses at first and then heard Elvis Costello play a tune. Rufus of course came out glowing and apparently he was sick..[would have never knew if he didn't tell us]
He was just gorgeous. Wearing a lovely white dressy jacket [Victor & Rolf?] He sang part of Memphis Skyline after the bit about Jeff Buckely and JUST as he was getting to my favorite piano solo he's like that's all i can do. He told us he didn't practice that one, so of course when he gets to the more difficult part he couldn't remember the keys. Understandable. So they interviewed him a bit more after that. Powdered their faces more haha. Then he sang Vibrate. Then Renee Flemings went on, did a long interview. I saw Rufus sitting on the right side of the theater watching, apperantly and not suprisingly he's a fan of Renee.
So she did her thing, and did it very well. I agree with Rufus. Opera is very much like an entire language. It just stems of whatever actual language it's being written in and enhances the passion behind it's meaning and stretches words to be more...moving. I think she sang the song in ....Italian? Anywho, they then invited Rufus back to the stage. They interviewed them together for a bit and THEN he sang ...L'Absence. BY FAR...the best vocals i've heard him do for that song. He deffinitely impressed Renee if he was trying to, but his perfection just seemed so effortless.
During that song, yes. I had a moment, haha. Then Renee sang a tune in english and then Rufus, Renee, Elvis and Rufus' mom Kate sang ...three? nice folk songs. They re-played most because this is televised and they can do that if they want. It was just lovely. After the show, Marie was nervous she'd miss her bus back to Montreal. I asked her to spend the night, but of course i STILL don't have over night visitation privledges even though i did everything needed to have them. So Marie's spending the night at the bus station :[
Anywho, after the show. A few handful of the boardies waited for Rufus in the back. They're all such sweet people. I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but i personally always feel so nerdy and obsessive...slightly embarassed when waiting to meet a musican. While meeting them too. I do it cause of that fan girly nature in me. It's a curse, with certain perks. Rufus came out and was being rushed away but he stopped to hear what we had to say and hugged us even though he warned us he was sick. Marie asked for a hug first, then me and then everyone else... haha. It was quick and i was actually much calmer than i expected. He's just a sweet guy, not VERY intimidating but you still feel silly around him. I didn't ask many questions or for a pic because it didn't seem like the moment. Plus he really did seem very sick so i'd feel rude.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.persistentcookie.com/blog/20 ... right.html

How amazing! Elvis Costello, Renee Fleming, Rufus Wainwright, Kate McGarrigle, and Bill Frisell on one stage. One of the most magical nights I can remember, a broad mixture of opera and jazz and pop and folk, with interviews and conversations interspersed with the music, and Elvis a smart and merry host.

The crowd was small and they had to fill in the front, so Sarah and I were bumped up into the second row, where we could watch it all play out in fits and starts for TV. (Where you can see it edited neatly together on the Sundance Channel in December. You will presumably be seeing a lot of us in the crowd shots, as well, as there was a camera perched over my left shoulder the entire time.) We didn't even mind leaving Khaleem behind, in Row L of all places; it's nice for once to have a better seat than Khaleem.

And because it was being recorded for TV, we got more than one performance of a lovely folk song by Rufus, Elvis, and Kate (which I'm trying desperately to find the name of), and a haunting rendition of "The Scarlet Tide" performed by all. Was anything else repeated? Who can remember, I only got five hours of sleep, preceded by something called "Mucho Nachos" at the Manhattan Diner.

What can I say? I loved it all. I've long been a fan of the main three, and have seen both Rufus and Renee perform live before, but what a treat to be introduced to McGarrigle and Frisell, as well. Of course the real treasure was being able to see all of these artists up close—casual, relaxed, intimate—in such a gorgeous theater, world-class artists who are at the top of their respective talents and uncompromising in their visions, yet so open and curious and engaged, and truly, genuinely excited to share their love of music—with each other and with the audience. The depth and breadth of knowledge was extraordinary, and it was inspiring to see how many levels they could all connect on simply because they speak this common language. And all you need to do to understand it is to listen. Amazing!

Did I mention the tickets were free?

ELVIS COSTELLO

All This Useless Beauty

If I Only Had a Brain (with Bill Frisell)

RUFUS WAINWRIGHT

Memphis Skyline (partial)

My Phone's On Vibrate for You

L'Absence (Berlioz)

RENEE FLEMING

Vissi d'arte (from Tosca)

Answer Me (with Bill Frisell)
My favorite number of the night; so, so lovely, I was brushing away tears. And although I will be crucified for saying it, I do hope she moves back into jazz when she's no longer singing opera full-time. Why would you limit such a voice to one style or genre? I think that would be a crime. One of the reasons I admire her—why she's not only my favorite soprano but one of my favorite singers—is because she takes risks, and never settles. I think that's something to celebrate, not discourage.

ALL

In the Pines

The Scarlet Tide
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

If I Only Had a Brain (with Bill Frisell)
Elvis listed this song as a fave. for Amazon in May '07-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltgu ... i=13881871

"If I Only Had a Brain," Shorty Roger
s ~ The Wizard of Oz and Other Harold Arlen Songs
My new theme song.
always dancing

Post by always dancing »

Well it was well worth the trip. Ran into Elvis fans Jeff and Sheva. It ended up I was an honorary member of the Rufus fan club and was placed in the short line. My seat was in the third row. There was an empty seat in my row and when they wanted people to fill in I pointed to Jeff who came down.

After the taping of applause and laughter. Elvis came out, black jacket and pants, pockdot shirt and green socks - without the red hat. He stated this was one which would probable would not be on the show and sang "All this Useless Beauty". The rest of the show the red hat was on. His singing of "If I only had a Brain" was very theatrical and a interesting surprise.

Rufus's voice was out standing and he was flamboyant but delightfull. The conversation I found most interesting was about there common thread as son's of musical families, both talking about there relationships with their fathers.

Renee's voice was of course impressive and they talked alot about how opera plots are full of controversy and trashiness. Rufus's mother Kate joined them and they did some folk. Elvis was alittle off on the guitar so they did it agian.

When they did "The Scarlet Tide" they had to do it twice. Rufus started the singing and had trouble with the timing.

The most interesting stuff was the TV stuff. Elvis having to walk out a couple times and us having to clap again. The camaras all over and the redoes. Everyone was very nice.

I can't wait till tomorrow to see Elvis with Elton and Diana Krall. Hopefully my seats are good again. I was an Elton fan as a kid so this will be a true delight.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://sarahbsadventures.blogspot.com/2 ... html#links

Tues. Sept. 9th '08

Sarahb posts -

Elvis Costello has a new show called Spectacle, an episode of which he taped at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem last night. It's an interview and performance show that will begin airing in December. Check your local listings, but in NYC, it will be on the Sundance Channel and in the UK, it will be on Channel 4. I was heretofore not a fan of Elvis', but I jumped at the invitation to go because Renée Fleming was one of the guests. Rufus Wainwright and Bill Frisell were also on the billing. Rufus' mom, folk singer, Kate McGarrigle, also made a surprise appearance. Now listen, I never liked Elvis. My friends Darla and Jamie have been trying to turn me on to him for 30 years. I think I admitted one time that he was a good songwriter just to shut them up. A few years ago, I went to a taping of Regis & Kelli's Live and he performed some horrifying song. Let me just say, I walked out of the Apollo last night with a tremendous respect for this man. I don't see myself rushing out to buy his albums, but I will definitely pay more attention to him. He is undeniably a renaissance man. He managed to weave talk of and performances of genres of opera, classical, jazz and folk together in a beautiful mosaic that made everything feel connected.

Kari and I arrived at the Apollo on 125th Street in Harlem after 6:00 and met up with Khaleem there. At first we were a little confused about getting tickets as we didn't seem to be on any list. We were given seats in Row U of the orchestra. I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I didn't complain, although I was worried that we wouldn't be sitting with Renée's other guests. We were told to come back at 7:00 so we sojourned to the Starbucks down the block. When we went back, we saw Renée's lovely assistants, so we checked in with them and were upgraded to VIP tickets. My friend Michael Stinchcomb was there. Rest assured that I was confident he would be because he, of course, also has impeccable taste and is often where I am. Also in attendance were Renée's daughters, brother, her perfume designer and a smattering of her fans and friends.

When we arrived at our row, there were no seats with our number on them. They had been removed to allow for wheel chair seating, but the staff came in and brought three seats just for us. That turned out to be unnecessary because the house wasn't quite full and they began moving everybody down to empty seats. Kari and I ended up on the aisle seats of center row B. Khaleem was about 10 rows behind us. It could not have been more perfect. After some instructions on how to applaud for the taping, Elvis opened the show with a song of his own. He was then joined by Bill Frissel in a lovely rendention of "If I Only Had a Brain." Rufus Wainwright then came out for an interview. They talked about Rufus' background of growing up in a folk singer family, his love of opera and influences of classical composer and Judy Garland. He's writing his own opera, Prima Donna, which will premier at the Manchester Festival next year. At the piano, Rufus sang part of Jeff Buckley's song Hallelujah. I knew who he was but had never heard him sing. His voice is soulful and beautiful. I was so surprised and delighted. An accompanist came out and Rufus sang one of his own songs, although I didn't catch the title of it. I just know I loved it. He is a beautiful man and quite funny as well, and I just loved gazing at him.

Elvis then welcomed Renée out for her interview. She was dressed in black jeans and a funky blazer that was half classic and half tails. Of course, she adorned herself in elegant bling. She looked more fit than ever and just absolutely gorgeous. I know Renée is smart - somebody recently said that she is one of the geniuses of our times and I have no argument with that. I love that she is a musician and not just a singer. She loves all music and studies it for both work and pleasure. She talked about preparing for roles and how the voice works. Then she sang vissi d'arte! The audience, some Elvis fans and some Rufus fans, clearly fell for her and she had to come back out on the stage twice for bows. The Apollo will probably never be the same.

Elvis then brought Renée and Rufus back out. He talked to both of them about opera and classical influences on all music. Rufus sang a Berlioz piece that just about took my breath away. He did not hesitate to tell Renée what it meant to him to have sitting on the stage with him while he sang. They talked about Rufus opera and the changes in use of language - singing in English versus other languages. It was interesting to hear that Rufus has played some of his opera for Renée, of course with the hopes that she would perform in it. Elvis talked to Renée more about her early jazz influences, which segued into her album Haunted Heart. Bill Frisell, who also collaborated on that album, accompanied Renée in Answer Me. Renée's voice just transports me to some place of this world.

Elvis invited Kate McGarrigle to the stage for a song, Kate and Rufus sang while Kate played banjo and Elvis and Bill Frisell accompanied on guitar. I didn't catch the name of the song, but it was one of the beautiful and sad folk songs about love and loss. Renée then joined all of them for a gorgeous rendition of "In the Pines." She used her low voice and only took top notes on harmony.

The final song was Elvis'"The Scarlet Tide", which he co-wrote with T-Bone Burnett for the movie Cold Mountain. They each took a stanza and joined together in stunning harmony on the chorus. I won't forget the chills at the back of my neck or the lump in my throat.

The entire evening was unexpected joy. I knew it would be worth it to be there because any chance to hear Renée is special. I love any adventure that I can be with friends, see other people I know and meet knew friends - it's always the cherry on top. I just didn't know I would be so entertained and so informed and so completely swept away by gorgeous music.
Last edited by johnfoyle on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
always dancing

Post by always dancing »

The other thing I was surprised about was that Elvis seemed upset with himself that he only knew the English langauage. Rufus knew French and sang in French. And of course Renee knows many languages and sings in native tongue all the time. Could this be like when Elvis didn't know how to write music and he thought himself? Maybe we will see Elvis wth earphones and language tapes and an album in French next year.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/arch ... c3272.html

The final set of guests to appear on Spectacle:
Elvis Costello with... was announced today. The new talk/performance series is
set to premiere later this year on CTV in Canada, Sundance Channel in the U.S.
and Channel 4 in the U.K., with FremantleMedia Enterprises launching the
series for international sale at MIPCOM in Cannes, France, in October 2008.

Confirmed guests for episodes taping over the next two weeks at Harlem's
world famous Apollo Theater in New York City are: iconic American
singer-songwriter James Taylor; jazz legend, and winner of this year's Grammy
Award for Album of the Year, Herbie Hancock; one of the most acclaimed new
artists of the past decade, Canadian Rufus Wainwright; the brilliant
singer-songwriter Rosanne Cash; actor/singer-songwriter Kris Kristofferson;
jazz superstar Diana Krall; recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee John
Mellencamp
; singer-songwriter Jakob Dylan; indie duo She & Him, comprised of
actress Zooey Deschanel and musician M. Ward; international sensation Norah
Jones
; singer-songwriter Jenny Lewis; and from the world of opera, the
renowned American soprano Renée Fleming.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://sharocksthe.blogspot.com/2008/09 ... -with.html

most rewarding contest: jenny lewis spectacle. i was perusing jenny's my space and bam a contest to see her at the apollo for a taping of a new show by elvis costello. i made the cut by emailing quick enough. i was psyched to go to the apollo theater finally. i rubbed the stump as i walked in for luck a la amateur night. the place was not packed and we (mike was the lucky person who got the other ticket) were able to move up to the 7th row. we had a perfect view except when the camera guys were in the isles.

added bonus: she & him. dang skippy! i really lucked out because not only was jenny lewis on the bill, but zooey and m.ward too. SCORE! there were a few cute jenny and zooey backing vocals action to synchronized swaying. it was uber good stuff. here was the set list as i could remember it:
change is hard (she & him)
pretty bird (jenny and elvis on guitar)
one headlight (interview interlude by jakob dylan)
war is kind (jakob with elvis on guitar)
carpetbaggers (see photo above - elvis with jenny and zooey on backing vocals)
straight to hell (joe strummer cover by elvis and jakob)
what's so funny about peace, love and understanding (the gang: elvis, jakob, jenny, zooey, matt; plus johnathan rice on guitar, father-daughter drummers pete and tennessee thomas)

star sighting of the night: diana krall (#11). i looked at her straight on when i was leaving my seat. i was like whoa mrs. elvis costello. no one seemed to notice her, but what caught my attention was her pinstriped blazer with crest on breast pocket.

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Cool photo at above link -

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

http://popwreckoning.wordpress.com/2008 ... ello-with/

Last night, I had the opportunity to attend a taping of IFC’s new show, “Spectacle: Elvis Costello with…,” the brainchild of Costello and Sir Elton John. It all took place at the historic—and absolutely gorgeous—Apollo Theater. Upon taking the stage, Elvis opened the show, appropriately, with a cover of Steely Dan’s “Show Biz Kids.” The special guests? Jakob Dylan, Jenny Lewis, and She & Him, all of whom, in case you weren’t sure, hail from show business families. Indeed, even house band (Costello’s band, The Imposters) drummer Pete Thomas’s daughter, Tennessee Thomas of The Like, played the show.

Since this was a taping, I have no idea what the edited version of the show will look like, but Elvis introduced She & Him (Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward) almost immediately after the opening number. They played “Change is Hard,” one of my favorites off the album [Volume One]. Sadly, the sound was badly balanced: Matt’s guitar was too loud and Zooey’s vocals not loud enough. Since you’re all wondering, Zooey was wearing an adorable tea-length powder blue dress and her hair, as always, was amazing.

During the interview segment, Matt talked a lot about how he likes to have room to dream in the sonic landscape of a song and how important he feels “healthy abstractions” are in the experience of music. There was some dialogue between Zooey and Elvis about the freedom afforded to artists via the indie music (and film, in Zooey’s case) scene, and Zooey mentioned that a lot of her songs had been written in her trailer on film sets.

With Zooey and Matt still on-stage, Elvis introduced Jenny Lewis. The link may not be apparent, but there are guest appearances by Zooey, Matt, and Elvis on Jenny’s new album, Acid Tongue (due to drop on 9/23). Matt also helped with production, and Jenny mentioned that it was he who introduced her to analog recording. Jenny said he boosted her confidence, providing a “warm bed for the songs to grow from” in addition to a “timeless atmosphere.”

Using his outsider’s perspective, Costello asked what it was about California that colored the distinct writing style of these natives. Zooey and Matt both agreed that Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys introduced a sort of “California myth” to music. Jenny cited Los Angeles country music and the “Bakersfield sound,” Emmylou Harris, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, and the search for authenticity.

Costello talked about the intimacy and storytelling style of Jenny’s lyrics, leading into a performance of “Pretty Bird,” a new song based on a story she’d heard on public radio about a woman raped on an Indian reservation. There was more talk of authenticity, public attention, and the element of dress-up involved in being a popular singer-songwriter during Jenny’s solo interview segment. Zooey and Matt (Johnathan Rice, too) got called back to the stage for a knockout performance of “Carpetbagger,” the song in which Costello duets with Jenny.

Jakob Dylan was the main guest, but I took little interest in his portion of the show, nearly falling asleep at some point. I know he’s Bob Dylan’s son and I was madly in love with “One Headlight” (which he played an acoustic version of in order to illustrate his playing style) when I was 12, but I just couldn’t muster the energy to care. His big blue eyes are indeed big and blue, for those of you who are interested, and he also perpetuates the time-honored tradition of dudes wearing stupid hats throughout the entirety of his segment. Costello is excused since the silly hat is a trademark.

In the end, all the guests were called back to the stage for a performance of “Peace, Love, and Understanding,” which was amazing, even though the ladies were mostly useless. In fact, my partner in crime and I left the theater wondering whether that particular song had even been practiced with Jenny and Zooey, as they both seemed a little clueless.

All in all, it was an enjoyable experience. Hell, any experience with Jenny Lewis and Zooey Deschanel is bound to be enjoyable, right? Right. An observation, however: where once Jenny’s aesthetic was cute (Rilo Kiley did start out as a twee pop band if there ever was one), it is now sex. Zooey’s aesthetic is cute. Putting them together on one stage, trying to match their movements to one another, Zooey all nerves and Jenny all smooth moves, lead me to one conclusion: Zooey has no sense of rhythm. Sad, but true.

Speaking of sad, I wasn’t allowed to bring my camera to the venue for this one, so you’ll have to enjoy the included iPhone shots (via Michael Slaven) and wait until you can catch it on TV. The show will air its first episode in December. You probably won’t see this particular episode for awhile, though, as it’s the eighth episode in a series of thirteen.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://clicks1.musictoday.com/cts/click ... aq0Q%3D%3D

Hey ElvisCostello.com Members!

We're announcing a special opportunity only for ElvisCostello.com members to take part in a historic music television event in New York City next week. We have a small number of tickets to give to a few lucky members who would like to attend a taping of Elvis's forthcoming TV show Spectacle: Elvis Costello with...! Elvis's guests for this episode include Norah Jones, John Mellencamp, Roseanne Cash, and Kris Kristofferson!

Here's the event information at a glance:

EVENT: A special taping of "Spectacle: Elvis Costello with..." Norah Jones, John Mellencamp, Roseanne Cash, and Kris Kristofferson
DATE: Monday, September 15, 2008
TIME: Doors open at 6:45pm - Doors close at 7:30pm
253 West 125th Street
New York City

We will give away tickets on a first-come, first-served basis with the following guidelines:

* You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered (proper ID will be required)
* Ticket requests are limited to two (2) per person
* In your ticket request, please include the following:
1. Number of tickets you are requesting
2. Legal first and last name and, if requesting an additional ticket, the legal first and last name of your intended guest
3. Your age, mailing address, email address, and phone number - include the same for your intended guest, if applicable

Please note:

Tickets are extremely limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis: Please, respond ONLY if you are absolutely certain that you can attend this event.

To request tickets, please email us all of the information above no later than 5PM ET on Thursday, September 11th to: ElvisCostelloGiveaways@gmail.com

By Friday, September 12th, all confirmed ticket recipients will receive an email detailing the procedure for the issuance of tickets, as well as providing further information regarding this extraordinary event.

This is an exclusive event wherein the buying and selling of tickets can and will result in the forfeiture of said bought and/or sold tickets.

Thank you very much for joining!

-ElvisCostello.com
And No Coffee Table

sweetest punch wrote:http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/arch ... c3272.html

The final set of guests to appear on Spectacle:
Aren't there supposed to be 13 episodes? I only count 12:

01. Elton John, recorded 2008-04-08
02. Bill Clinton, recorded 2008-04-09
03. Tony Bennett, recorded 2008-04-15
04. Lou Reed, recorded 2008-04-16
05. The Police, recorded 2008-08-06
06. Smokey Robinson, recorded 2008-08-06
07. Rufus Wainwright & Renée Fleming, recorded 2008-09-08
08. Jakob Dylan, Jenny Lewis & She & Him, recorded 2008-09-09
09. Elton John & Diana Krall, recorded 2008-09-10
10. Herbie Hancock & Diana Krall, recorded 2008-09-10
11. Norah Jones, John Mellencamp, Rosanne Cash & Kris Kristofferson, recording 2008-09-15
12. James Taylor, recording date not yet announced

Maybe Jones/Mellencamp/Cash/Kristofferson will actually be two episodes?
jmm

Post by jmm »

And Lou Reed / Julian Schnabel might be two also

If they spilt all of these up he might have a couple of seasons done already!
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Wow, the lineup is really filling up. Looks great!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
always dancing

Post by always dancing »

Maybe there will be a Elvis show. Maybe Elton will interview him