Sheryl Crow to join Fleetwood Mac

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
migdd

Sheryl Crow to join Fleetwood Mac

Post by migdd »

Sheryl Crow to Join Fleetwood Mac
Posted Mar 13th 2008 11:55PM by Steve Baltin
Filed under: News, Exclusive

Move over, Stevie: Sheryl Crow is planning to join Fleetwood Mac.
"We definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens," Crow tells Spinner. As to when fans might hear those collaborations, she says, "I think that's going to be next year."

And what songs would she ideally like to perform onstage with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham? "I'd love to do 'The Chain' and 'Second Hand News,'" she says. "There's so many great songs that I absolutely love, and just to get to sing harmonies on them is going to be a thrill."

For Crow, who is just beginning to tour in support of her recently released 'Detours' album, the opportunity to join the legendary group (and fill the shoes of Christine McVie, who retired from touring in 1998), is a chance to work with her close friend Nicks. Perhaps more important, it will help keep the band alive, as Nicks had previously gone on record as saying she was unwilling to carry on Fleetwood Mac without McVie, who had been one of the constants of the often-evolving group since she joined in the early '70s.

According to Crow, Nicks has been a major influence in her life as an artist. "I love people that are not jaded or de-sensitized and that are still really into what they're doing and into growing as an artist, and that's her," Crow says. "She'd walk out and stand at the microphone, and I swear I was looking at a 20-year-old, because she just exudes this kind of sensual love for music."

Sheryl Crow's AOL Sessions performance, during which she broke the Fleetwood Mac news, will premiere April 11.
BlueChair

Re: Sheryl Crow to join Fleetwood Mac

Post by BlueChair »

I think there's a lot of hate for both Sheryl Crow and for Fleetwood Mac on this forum, so I suspect this post will get a lot of flack. Frankly I like both Crow and Fleetwood Mac but can only take them a couple songs at a time. I know Christine McVie quit so they've been in need of a solid second vocalist. Sheryl seems a good fit.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I'm not a huge Mac fan, but I'm a huge Lindsey Buckingham fan, so I'm happy if it means he'll be out there performing more.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Sheryl cannnot and never could carry a tune without lot's of studio support, but she has the pop formula for airplay down pat. She can clearly write 'hooky' tunes, but damn....can she sing? I guess compared to the septic, irradiated billy-goat voice of Stevie Nicks, okay...Sheryl wins by default

Riannnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaa-bah- bah - bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I've heard Sheryl Crow sing in person and on television a number of times, and while she didn't have a powerhouse voice, she can definitely carry a tune. I'm not sure what you mean by "lot's (sic) of studio support"?