Elvis 'Highbrow music show' for American TV

Pretty self-explanatory
Neil.

Elvis 'Highbrow music show' for American TV

Post by Neil. »

I was sitting waiting for my chicken-in-green-peppers-in-black-bean-sauce at my local Chinese takeaway the other day, and there was an old magazine with an interview with David Furnish in it.

I flicked through. He said he was developing the above with Elvis. What d'you reckon? A kind of Jools Holland Later... for the USA?

Could be a good way to get Elvis into the mainstream - though as he's v fidgety and unrelaxed on chat shows, with guarded body language, I don't know how good he'd be at interviewing.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

How old was the magazine? Maybe he was talking about the show that was supposed to have used "Tear Off Your Own Head" as its theme song?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

No, it was about three weeks ago - so I guess it woulda been a late Oct edition of the London Evening Standard ES magazine. It had David Furnish on the cover.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

What would define a "Highbrow music show"?

Maybe it will be an Elvis and Elton double act cabaret with special musical guests each week.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Hi Verbal,

I reckon it's got to be a Jools Holland style show - where people are serious about the music, not just a pop factory show with silly presenters desperate to hook the youth market. And no doubt our Elv would guest with the headliners every week on a duet!

What d'you reckon they could call it. I guess The Costello Show would be ideal. Or maybe The Elvis Costello Hour.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Or The David Furnish Show featuring people who are famous in their own right and not because they're the boyfriend of someone famous.

Catchy don't you think?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Jools Holland high brow??

chicken-in-green-peppers-in-black-bean-sauce
surely you mean chicken with green peppers in black bean sauce?
signed with love and vicious kisses
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Well, compared to the X-Factor etc, it's highbrow!