31%
Painted from Memory
20%
The Sweetest Punch
No votes

Total votes: 51

Lester Burnham

Post by Lester Burnham »

I couldn't tell you how many times I've listened to ATUB since I bought it four years ago. One night, I listened to 'It's Time' 25 times in a row. :shock:

p.s. BlueChair, love your avatar. Mitch Cohen is a sadly underrated genius.
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

pophead2k wrote:Brutal Youth. I saw EC twice on that tour and just absolutely fell in love with this album. Some of the melodies are all-time EC classics (You Tripped at Every Step, London's Brilliant Parade, This Is Hell, All the Rage, Favourite Hour) and the lyrics are very strong all the way through. There's fun stuff (Just About Glad, My Science Fiction Twin), introspective stuff (Rocking Horse Road), mean stuff (Pony St., Kinder Murder), and bizarre stuff (20% Amnesia, Clown Strike). Plus, YTAES is probably my all time favorite Elvis song.

And did I mention Nick Lowe AND the Attractions?
This is much easier than the Eighties. Pophead2k echoes my sentiments entirely. I like Mighty like a rose and Painted from memory, whilst All this beauty is fine if you're in the right mood. But Brutal Youth is the dog's bollocks.
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
InvisibleMan

Post by InvisibleMan »

The Juliet Letters.
io strombazzo!

Ombre nel sole
DeathWearsABigHat

Post by DeathWearsABigHat »

it was between All This Useless Beauty & Painted From Memory for me.
PFM just edged it, as I really love the arrangements.
Glad to see a few other people voting for PFM, I had the misconception that many EC fans hated that album.
"trust the wizards, here we go" http://www.trustthewizards.com
strangerinthehouse

Post by strangerinthehouse »

Brutal Youth all the way!

It was the first EC album I bought. For both sentimental reasons and because I enjoy it all the way through when I listen to it. You have the punk sound in 13 Steps Lead Down, 20% Amnesia, and Just About Glad; perfect pop in You Tripped at Every Step, This is Hell and All the Rage, Rocking Horse Road; and classic EC torch songs in Favorite Hour and Still too soon to know.
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl