UK performance of 'New' greatest hits CD

Pretty self-explanatory
Neil.

UK performance of 'New' greatest hits CD

Post by Neil. »

Hi y'all,

Anyone heard how the UK release of "The First 10 Years" is doing in the charts? It needs a TV ad to give it a kick: has there been a TV campaign? I ain't seen anything. Squeeze's Greatest Hits package has been recently advertised a lot on telly.

Neil
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

It's not in the UK Top 75, but it is in the US Album charts:

#110. Doesn't sound like much but 'Best ofs' don't generally chart very highly in the US. EC has a previous 'Best of' that never made the Top 100 in the US and still managed to go Platinum!
sweetest punch

Re: UK performance of 'New' greatest hits CD

Post by sweetest punch »

Neil. wrote:Hi y'all,

Anyone heard how the UK release of "The First 10 Years" is doing in the charts? It needs a TV ad to give it a kick: has there been a TV campaign? I ain't seen anything. Squeeze's Greatest Hits package has been recently advertised a lot on telly.

Neil
The UK release is scheduled for June, 4.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-First-Year ... 518&sr=8-3
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

That's funny - I saw it in the shop on Saturday! Maybe it was an import. I seriously think he should capitalise on the riff from Pump It Up, and any ad should say "Find out the original behind the smash hit Voodoo Child", which sampled the song.