Elvis Costello & The Imposters Webcast Taping

Pretty self-explanatory
Sulkygirl1

Elvis Costello & The Imposters Webcast Taping

Post by Sulkygirl1 »

I received this via email this afternoon;

On Monday, May 14th, Elvis Costello & The Imposters will be recording a webcast after his appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman and we want you there! Elvis Costello & The Imposters will be performing an exclusive 45 minute set for his fans at the Ed Sullivan Theatre.

Tickets are extremely limited for this engagement and non-transferrable. They cannot be sold or transferred to another party. The max ticket request per person is 2 tickets. Please only request tickets that you are 100% sure you will be able to use as those who accept tickets and fail to show may not receive invitations of this type in the future. You must arrive between 7 - 7:30pm on May 14th to pick up your tickets. Unclaimed tickets will be released promptly at 7:30pm.

Please RSVP to costellolettermantickets@yahoo.com and indicate your full name, phone number and number of tickets requested. You MUST receive confirmation via email from costellolettermantickets@yahoo.com in order to be admitted to the event. Tickets are FREE and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. We must receive a response from you by 5/9/07 to ensure your eligibility for admittance to the event.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Is this event connected to CBS or Worldwide Pants? Who is getting paid and where will this webcast be streamed from - CBS or through another third party like Control Room? What's with the yahoo email address?
Sulkygirl1

Post by Sulkygirl1 »

It was sent via Verve Music Group Backstage...that's all I know other than what was in the email.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

MOJO wrote:Is this event connected to CBS or Worldwide Pants? Who is getting paid and where will this webcast be streamed from - CBS or through another third party like Control Room? What's with the yahoo email address?

The Late Show website now has a page about this. It will be viewable on the Late Show website as it happens.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

FAVEHOUR wrote:
MOJO wrote:Is this event connected to CBS or Worldwide Pants? Who is getting paid and where will this webcast be streamed from - CBS or through another third party like Control Room? What's with the yahoo email address?

The Late Show website now has a page about this. It will be viewable on the Late Show website as it happens.
See: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/l ... stello.php

Does anyone know the European time for this webcast?
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

anybody receive notice about having been selected for tickets yet???
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Bummer. I won't be able to check this out. I imagine it will be on demand for some time after the webcast?
SkaDan

Post by SkaDan »

that would be amazing.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Hey SkaDan - Yeah, really cool.... but you know what would be really cool? If you could download this software program (HiDownload Pro 6.97, 50 day free trial) -

http://www.streamingstar.com/

and then record the webcast to your desktop. That would be amazing, man. Once you're done recording it, you can send me the file and I'll check it out.

Chalk it up as a high school project. It's a resume builder, too!

Let me know if you're using a Mac. I can track down a Mac program for you.

Toodles!
SkaDan

Post by SkaDan »

woah woah, how do i know its not spyware? and why do i have to do it? i dont know if im gonna be home.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

SkaDan -

Spyware - shmyware... Do you know your utility tools? You can check your machine for spyware by downloading this app, and/or many others that are available - http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/?ref=trial_mgsd

If I were 18 right now, I'd probably be a mushroom - a living organism that never sees the light of day. The net is still a wild frontier... I would take advantage while the freedom lasts! But, I guess it depends on what you're into. Maybe you prefer spending time doing other stuff...

I just thought you were a rabid E.C. fan, foaming at the mouth... hooked on downloads and live shows... Perhaps I was wrong.

If you go through with the recording process, let me know. I'll take a copy of your recording...

Toodles,
MOJO
SkaDan

Post by SkaDan »

oh, i'll do it, im just making sure your not tryin to scam me. and i am hooked on downloads and live shows. just talk to me like a human being and not an utter moron. anyway, do you know the time this shows gonna be airing? and do i need an account to watch it or is it all free? that'll be your job, supplying me with the info.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

SkaDan - No scam from me... I'm legit. Accept my apologies if I had made you feel inadeqent in any way. That was not my intention. I'm a bit goofy.. In fact, I'm the moron (as you may already know!)

Glad to hear you are interesting in moving forward with the project. Just a few things:

Have you downloaded and tested the software I recommended you download? Have you tested it with the late show web site?

Other things,
The Late Show supports hidden video URLs, so this could cause a problem. You may have to download another program that snifs for hidden URLs... in the end, this may cost money, and I'm not willing to pay for software, so, download and test the software I recommended you download. We'll take it from there.

Also, take note of bit rates settings w/in the app... this is very important, so you can capture and record the best image and sound possible

And, finally, if you (and I) move forward with this pirate recording, we will both have to agree that in no way will we replicate or distribute this recording.. If you get to the point of actually pulling ANY stream from the Late Show website, we'll sign off on an agreement...

So, test it out... and let me know how it goes. I am available for limited tech support... I'll send you my private email to continue this thread - LET'S KEEP IT OFF THE BOARD right now..

Toodles w/ RESPECT,
MOJO
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

I found this about streaming media:
http://www.infocellar.com/software/streaming-media.htm

(extract)
Summary - How to grab the Various Types of streaming Video Files

*** FIRST *** always check to see if the site has provided a "Download" link, and if they have . . . right-click on the link and select "Save Target as . . ."

WMV Files - there is not other way . . . so just buy and use WMrecorder ($30)

Real Media - first try the manual method below - if that fails (and it usually does fail, especially these days, then use RMrecorder - however, RM Recorder cannot record Realâ„¢ streaming video and audio (RM, RA) streamed through the following protocols: HTTP RTSP -

*** instead of buying both WMrecorder and RMrecorder ($60 total) - you might as well buy the full version of WMrecorder for $50. It records almost ALL Formats - WMV, RM, Flash Video, Quicktime (MOV), Mpeg, MP3 and others. Also includes Scheduling option.

Quicktime (MOV) - use the "indirect" save trick (see below) - if that fails try MOV Recorder

Google Video (gvp files) - these are just tiny text files - free download is hard to explain but simple to do (see instructions below)

Flash Video Embedded - with an FLV (FLash Video) file embedded into the swf file - all you need is to download the swf file - no need to "capture the stream" - so just use Flash Extract Pilot (free but only available here)

I have downloaded the free demo version of WM recorder and I managed to capture a video of the website of the Late Show. http://www.wmrecorder.com/
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The live streaming is scheduled for Monday, May 14th at 8:25pm ET..

Can someone from the USA indicate which colour on the map ( http://www.apporte.nl/wereld-tijdzones/ ... ijden.html ) has this time?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Purple. It'll be 2:25 Tuesday morning in Belgium
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

The taping is in New York City, which as far as I can figure is six hours behind Belgium time.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

And No Coffee Table wrote:Purple. It'll be 2:25 Tuesday morning in Belgium
Thanks. I wouldn't want to get out of bed at the wrong hour that night.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Alright, sweetest punch, can you share the file ... maybe upload it to YouSendIt or 4shared? Also, what's the extension of the output file - .avi, .mp4? How did your test look / sound? Man, this file is going to be big (45 minutes, right). Do you have editing software?
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Is this a simple file format to download or will you need some magic to save it? http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11327_7-6555399-1.html has some ways to do this. Maybe one of them will work. This is on cbs.com so there should be other video on there to try it with.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

DrSpooky wrote:Is this a simple file format to download or will you need some magic to save it? http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11327_7-6555399-1.html has some ways to do this. Maybe one of them will work. This is on cbs.com so there should be other video on there to try it with.
The video that I downloaded with the demo version of the WM recorder is a ".wmv" file. I can play this video with Windows Media Player.
SkaDan

Post by SkaDan »

watchin the video is free right ? like i dont need an account on the website to watch it?

and also, having me being below the level of Novice for these types of things, i'd reccomend recruiting a second person to do this incase i fail miserably at this.

i'm not novice in ripping the audio, though. i can do that. but video, is a whole new world for me.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

SkaDan -

The video is free.

There may be a registration page to sign into the live webcast, but no big deal. Just register.

It's not that difficult to use this software. You just have to push a few buttons. You can totally do it.

Did you download the HiDownload software and install it? Once you download and install it, make sure you also download the URL Helper. This software allows you to sniff the CBS website for the URL. Once the sniffer finds the URL, you have to select the URL and drop it into the HiDownload app.

Download the software, let me know how it goes.
SkaDan

Post by SkaDan »

I DONT KNOW WAT IM DOING!!!!
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Bummer, SkaDan... Were you spazzing out or what!? Sorry, I wasn't around.
Maybe someone else captured it?