21. Dissolve
22. Hey, Bulldog (2x)

3rd encore
23. Country Darkness
24. Man Out of Time
25. High Fidelity
26. Uncomplicated
27. The Imposter
28. I Don't Want to Go To Chelsea (new arrangement)
29. Radio, Radio
30. Pump it Up
31. PLU

2 Beatle covers in one night!
In perhaps a new record, Elvis didn't say "How you doing? Good evening" until after the 9th song.
Visa was handing out free Elvis sampler CDs for anyone with a Visa Signature card. Nothing new on it.
[/list]
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

1st set actually went through Riot Act.

(GREAT show, by the way...)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.laist.com/archives/2007/05/0 ... s_5307.php

Posted by Julie Wolfson

May 3, 2007
Elvis Costello @ House of Blues, 5/3/07

The House of Blues is Having the Most Surreal Week Ever

It case you are nine years old or a closet fan, Britney Spears (billed as The M & M's) will be taking to the HOB stage tonight. Reportedly her set in San Diego featured lip synching and a whopping sixteen minute set. For all you pop culture junkies, this may be your night.

When I was nine Elvis Costello's first album, "My Aim is True" came out and I was hooked. So for me last night's capcity crowd at House of Blues was THE place to be.

Elvis hit the stage at 9:05pm and the place was on fire. His tour celebrates his 30 years in music. He started the set with "Welcome to the Working Week", followed by "Shabby Doll", and 16 more amazing songs. Then he launched into an hour of encores.

Backed by Pete Thomas on drums, Dave Faragher on bass and the awesome Steve Naive on keyboards, the energy was palpable. With the occasional smile, but little banter Elvis was on a mission to relive his rock and roll roots. He covered the Beatles's "All I've Got to Do" in the first set of encores and closed the night with Nick Lowe's "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding" leaving even his most hardcore of fans fully satisfied.

Also sharing my love for all things Elvis, last night we spotted Stanley Tucci, Willie Garson, Jason Priestley, Christine Elise, Sarah Silverman, and Jimmy Kimmel.

photo of the House of Blues marquee by me
And No Coffee Table

Re: The shuffle play tour-San Francisco setlist

Post by And No Coffee Table »

ramalama wrote:Visa was handing out free Elvis sampler CDs for anyone with a Visa Signature card. Nothing new on it.
There are pics of the sampler CD on the Wiki site:

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... sa_Sampler

In Los Angeles they weren't too strict about limiting the CD to those with Visa Signature cards, but I don't know if that'll remain true at other shows.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I would love to hear some recordings of these Beatles covers!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
ramalama

Post by ramalama »

Dr. Luther's right about the first set. That's what happens when you're scribbling on a bar napkin. I wasn't familiar with the song that might be titled American Gangster Time. Anyone heard of it before?
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

ramalama wrote:Dr. Luther's right about the first set. That's what happens when you're scribbling on a bar napkin. I wasn't familiar with the song that might be titled American Gangster Time. Anyone heard of it before?
I'm thinking now that it's most probably a cover.
Anybody?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

It sure sounds like an original to me. It was premiered last October when Elvis made a surprise appearance at a T Bone Burnett concert. It was also played Wednesday, the opening night of the current tour.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

And No Coffee Table wrote:It sure sounds like an original to me. It was premiered last October when Elvis made a surprise appearance at a T Bone Burnett concert. It was also played Wednesday, the opening night of the current tour.
Yeah -- you may be right.
Upon hearing it again, it just struck me as a cover.
Probably wrong...
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

EC has been reading the top 5's threads methinks. 3 of the semi finalists are included, just missing cciu
signed with love and vicious kisses