johnfoyle wrote:Anyone going to this ?
I am...
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.webomatica.com/wordpress/200 ... -warfield/

Music Notes: Elvis Costello At The Warfield

by Jason Kaneshiro

May 4th, 2007

Last week my wife mentioned Elvis Costello was coming to town. It’s been a while since we went to a proper rock concert (The last being was Rita Moreno at the Plush Room - man, we’re old), so tickets were purchased and plans to postpone bedtime were made. As a long time fan, I own the vast majority of Costello’s major albums, with the exception of Kojak Variety, the more recent The River In Reverse, and various superfluous compilation albums. But this would be the first time I’d seen him perform live.

So what album is this tour in support of? Well, two compilation albums: The Best Of - First Ten Years and Rock and Roll Music - no new material. However, in terms of my first Elvis Costello concert experience, this old-is-new proved to be a positive. The set list was as though an indie rock fan reviewed all 4,529,284 Elvis Costello songs and eliminated everything non-rock or cute. Therefore, no Burt Bacharach, string quartets, North, Il Sogno, Punch The Clock style horns, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, or duets with Anne-Sofie von Otter (yes, I even have that CD) set foot in the Warfield. All left was “rock.â€
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »