EC Tokyo Japan Sept 13 1996

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
martinfoyle

EC Tokyo Japan Sept 13 1996

Post by martinfoyle »

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=180656
Elvis Costello and The Attractions
Tokyo, Japan
Kosei Nenkin Hall
September 13, 1996

Next up, the 1996 tour with the Attractions. The seven shows from the Japanese leg were the last shows of the All This Useless Beauty tour and EC's last shows with the Attractions ever. All were great shows. The setlists often changed significantly from night to night. Several songs have different arrangements than past tours. My plan is to upload all of the recordings from Japan that are of high quality and then move to the earlier US Tour. All will be from the DAT masters. Hopefully, all will contain cool new artwork by JohnE. Some of these shows may have been circulated on a limited basis. These new versions will be upgrades to previous versions.

Sound is fantastic. As good as it gets. This show (the fourth of a four night Tokyo run) is the best sounding of all the Japanese shows, and is unique like the others. Show opens with three songs from Get Happy and contains rare performances (for this tour) of Red Shoes, Hand in Hand, Almost Blue, Passionate Fight, and God Give Me Strength. This is a stellar show in both sound and performance. Enjoy. A lot of work went into this one.

Sonic Studios Mic>Sony D8 DAT>ProTools (for eq, level adjustment, compression, and song separation)>flac.

Taped by Lorenzo. Mastered by JB. Artwork by JohnE. Don't sell or convert to lossy format. Please, no mentions in the comments ID'ing those responsible for these recording/uploads.

CD 1 (63:49)

01. Temptation - Elvis & Steve
02. Opportunity
03. Possession
04. Clown Strike
05. All These Things
06. Why Can't A Man Stand Alone?
07. You Bowed Down
08. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
09. Hand In Hand
10. Kid About It - Elvis & Steve
11. Passionate Fight - Elvis & Steve
12. Almost Blue - Elvis & Steve
13. God Give Me Strength - Elvis & Steve
14. Veronica - Elvis & Steve
15. Distorted Angel
16. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea/Backstabbers

CD 2 (59:55)

01. 13 Steps Lead Down
02. Green Shirt
03. Watching The Detectives
04. I'm Not Angry
05. Pump It Up
06. Just About Glad
07. Riot Act

Encore 1
08. Alison
09. Rocking Horse Road
10. Little Atoms
11. All This Useless Beauty
12. Daddy Can I Turn This?
srsch

Re: EC Tokyo Japan Sept 13 1996

Post by srsch »

Just burned this show, listening to Opportunity now. The sound quality is exceptional. Can't wait to listen to the rest. Thanks for posting this!
johnfoyle

Re: EC Tokyo Japan Sept 13 1996

Post by johnfoyle »