My niece is on "Treme"

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jack of All Parades

My niece is on "Treme"

Post by Jack of All Parades »

I am so proud of my niece- Shaye Cohn and her band Tuba Skinny. They have now been featured in a scene on Treme with Melissa Leo. She is the one playing the cornet. She does the band's arrangements and has even written a few of their tunes- a chip off her grandfather Al. Here is the scene from this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... zcHeb1lJcY
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
ice nine

Re: My niece is on "Treme"

Post by ice nine »

I do like the show Treme and I am pleased to say I have been to some of the locations featured on the show. The show does a good job in capturing the spirit of NOLA. However, I think the show has lost some of it's lustre because the show has become targeted towards the people of New Orleans and the people who have been there and not the average TV viewer.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Jack of All Parades

Re: My niece is on "Treme"

Post by Jack of All Parades »

I do not watch the show with any regularity. Just thought it neat that one scene caught my niece and her band in their environment-playing on the street. I have never been to New Orleans myself. Maybe someday I will get there. She and her band perform regularly at the Spotted Cat in the fall and winter season. Perhaps you have been there? They get out of town in the spring and summer touring up in my neck of the woods and throughout Europe usually. If they ever get to Pittsburgh I would urge looking them up. They are quite good and have been known to inspire some mean swing dancing spontaneity.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'