Bacharach/David Tribute On PBS Tonight

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jocko Wainwright

Bacharach/David Tribute On PBS Tonight

Post by Jocko Wainwright »

I thought this might be of interest to EC fans. Mrs. Krall is one of the performers.

http://www.pbs.org/inperformanceatthewhitehouse/
Jack of All Parades

Re: Bacharach/David Tribute On PBS Tonight

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Enjoyed this- they could have easily filled two hours with just the highlights of their catalog. Had forgotten how as a kid when I heard their songs on the radio I was struck by their playful sophistication and solid syncopated grounding in jazz beats. You knew they were special. My wife reminded me of this last night as we listened.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Jocko Wainwright

Post by Jocko Wainwright »

Stevie Wonder stole the show. I enjoyed it for the most part. My only complaint is Lyle Lovett. The guy has a very sketchy voice, and his face hurts my eyes. I don't know why he always gets invited to these things.
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Yes, he was good and I liked the harmonica addition to "Alfie" but my favorite was the young singer, I do not remember her name, I think it was Sura, and her vocal duet with the trumpeter, Arturo Sandaval. They caught my ear.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'