Proposed Duet album with Emmylou and Rodney Crowell

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jack of All Parades

Proposed Duet album with Emmylou and Rodney Crowell

Post by Jack of All Parades »

This has really piqued my interest. Should be great fun if comes to fruition. Imagine the tour! And the original Hot Band to boot. Still can hear fresh in my ears that unit behind her in the mid 70's from shows I caught. Most precious is having heard her with Parsons when they did their last tour. That was special. This could be real fun.

http://lat.ms/ofN3nd
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Jeremy Dylan

Re: Proposed Duet album with Emmylou and Rodney Crowell

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

This is the best news I've heard all month. Any knew product from either of them would be great news, but this is something that's been a long time coming.
Anodyne

Post by Anodyne »

I caught a benefit concert here in Nashville a couple of weeks ago that was comprised of Emmylou, Rodney and Vince Gill -- just the three of them together onstage with their guitars. Fantastic show. Emmylou mentioned that she and Rodney would begin recording their duets album that following week. They sang a couple of songs that were in the running for the new album -- one was Rodney's song "Bull Rider", can't recall the other. If this show was any indication, the album should be a real treat.
Jack of All Parades

You have whetted my appetite for this project. Thank you for the report and welcome aboard.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Jack of All Parades

Officially out on 2/26/13 "Old Yellow Moon"- here is an initial treat "Hanging Up My Heart":

http://youtu.be/-NEjg2eL8SQ

With this and the newly announced new Ron Sexsmith 2013 is starting out nicely for me I hope.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Looking forward to this one, as well.
Jack of All Parades

Have everything in order for a long weekend in Boston on March 22nd including this concert with Richard Thompson to boot- cannot wait:

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2013/ ... -thompson/
Jack of All Parades

Nice piece here on the origin of the upcoming record- I am very excited to see them in March in Boston- tickets are bought and paid for center stage row L in the orchestra and the relatives have been contacted in Brookline- should be a wonderful weekend with the missus.

http://www.nonesuch.com/journal/the-sto ... 2013-01-17
migdd

Post by migdd »

Like Chris, I'm extremely excited about his tour and am thus working to book tickets for the duo's Aprils Fools Day concert in Charlotte at the lovely Belk Theatre. Richard Thompson as the support performer? Can it get any better?
nicola76

Post by nicola76 »

Managed to get a front row ticket for this in Glasgow. Really looking forward to the show as it's a sweet album.