Joe Jackson Tour Dates

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Joe Jackson Tour Dates

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I know a few of you out there are Joe Jackson fans. I'm on the mailing list to his website and they just sent this message out today.

Sulky, LTZ, here you go!!!

The following message is an announcement from the Joe Jackson Web Site.

The Joe Jackson Band will be back in the USA in August! By special arrangement, pre-sale tickets are available to everyone on this mailing list. We recommend that you order your tickets today. These shows will sell out fast.

Tickets for the Englewood, CO show are available now.
Tickets for the other shows will be available at 4 PM EST today.

Show Date / City & State / Venue
8/9 / Hartford, CT / Webster Theatre
8/10 / Boston, MA / Avalon Theatre
8/12 / New York, NY / Roseland
8/13 / Baltimore, MD / Recher Theatre
8/15 / Atlanta, GA / The Roxy
8/16 / St. Louis, MO / Mississippi Nights
8/17 / Chicago, IL / Congress Theatre
8/19 / Englewood, CO / Gothic Theatre
8/22 / Portland, OR / Crystal Ballroom
8/23 / Seattle, WA / Showbox
8/24 / Vancouver, BC / Commodore Ballroom
8/27 / San Francisco, CA / Warfield
8/28 / Los Angeles, CA / House Of Blues

More dates will be added as they become available. Please check the tour page on http://www.joejackson.com for the latest updates.

*Please note: All tour dates and cities are subject to change!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

JJ was on Later.... last week(?) and he scared me. I'm not a fan, has he always been that creepy?

The eyebrows, man, the eyebrows!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Yea, Bunny. I've always liked him, but he's always been a little odd looking.

Still, you know, good music. :)

How's that collar bone?
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

hmmm...coming to Atlanta...might have to check him out just cuz. With White Stripes, Blur, John Hiatt and Jeff Beck/BB King coming in the next few months I'm gonna be a busy (albeit broke and glad of it) boy :D

Edit: Ooops...left out Dylan, Ben Folds (although he IS opening for Tori Amos...whatever that's about), Steve Earle, and REM...but at least I think I can pass on the Queensryche and REO Speedwagon... :roll:
Last edited by taz on Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Unfortunately I couldn't make the UK tour, but I did see him playing live last Friday on a tv programme over here called Later, which is hosted by Jools Holland. The band looked in good form and were very tight. They played three tracks, Take It Like A Man & Awkward Age from Volume 4 and Is She Really Going Out With Him. Jools also did a brief interview with Joe, in which Joe said that he was sick of America (apparently he's been living in NYC) and that he would soon be moving back to Europe, so it seems strnage that he is now doing an extended US tour.
If you can go I would recommend it.

Cheers

sol
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I'm afraid I am going to have to join the Otis Front on JJ. I picked up a copy of Look Sharp! last week. It lasted about three days before I decided to sell it back. Dull, airless and predictable.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

What I do know is that the new cd is hot and he sounds like his old self.

I'm not as excited about him as I am about Elvis, but still it means a road trip and a concert. His music brings back a lot of fond memories for me from college and when I first met my husband, who is actually a bigger fan than I am.

But to see the look on his face when he found out about the concert. It's one of those looks that you want to see on the face of the person you love. :)